Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Raylar & Sunsation Team Up with a new package! >

Raylar & Sunsation Team Up with a new package!

Notices

Raylar & Sunsation Team Up with a new package!

Old 04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Need help making up my mind?

Whats the difference between a Raylar HO525-496 package and a Mercury Racing HP525, about $12K out of your shrinking wallets. Put a good set of header manifolds like the Dana system and your still $9k in savings per motor and playing with 570HP. These 496 packages are not blueprinted short blocks like the HP525, but their are hundreds out there running hard with Raylar upgrades and no explosions yet!
I am not here to spend your money or decide how you spend it, my job is to provide you with a quality product, with innovation and performance at an attractive affordable price. You make the call!
We have a group of our LSM550 engines already ordered and in build. If you are seriously interested in spending about $25K on a wonderful lightweight engine package. Give me a call on our toll free line and we will discuss your plans!

Best REgards,
Ray @ Raylar (866) 496-8181
Old 05-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Whats the difference between a Raylar HO525-496 package and a Mercury Racing HP525, about $12K out of your shrinking wallets. Put a good set of header manifolds like the Dana system and your still $9k in savings per motor and playing with 570HP. These 496 packages are not blueprinted short blocks like the HP525, but their are hundreds out there running hard with Raylar upgrades and no explosions yet!
I am not here to spend your money or decide how you spend it, my job is to provide you with a quality product, with innovation and performance at an attractive affordable price. You make the call!
We have a group of our LSM550 engines already ordered and in build. If you are seriously interested in spending about $25K on a wonderful lightweight engine package. Give me a call on our toll free line and we will discuss your plans!

Best REgards,
67 wonderful trouble free hours on my BCK-103 Kit so far. Still can't wait to post the results once BBlades dials my prop. Already running 77-78mph with over 150 rpm's left to go. Thanks Ray for a fantastic alternative to the blue!!!!!

This is on a 2003 single step 27' Fountain that ran solid 68 plus with stock 496 HO.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what header are you using????i was told that cam is close in specs to the merc 525 blue motor,,,do you know if anybody is having reversion problems,,,,that why i want to know what headers are you using,,,,

Last edited by TWIN-SPINS; 09-10-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Best REgards,
What is the Raylar 525/496MAG priced at?

What is the estimated cost to rebuild the 550 small block?

What are the estimated hours before rebuild?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

thats the question , why choose rylar over merc , there are a lot of merc techs out there , always one close by when
Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you won't need the Merc techs as often
Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by maritaltension
thats the question , why choose rylar over merc , there are a lot of merc techs out there , always one close by when
What is it about any Raylar upgrade that would confuse a good merc tech??

It's the same engine but built better. It's not as if there needs to be a tech that's "trained" on anything different. It may be a good idea however, to have the new build specs just so you know what your cam is etc..

Sh*t hits the fan on any boat engine once in a while. It's the nature.

Just out of curiosity, ask your merc guy how many quicksilver remans have failed out there. Not trying to stir the pot but there are not really any guarantees on anything regarding trouble or failures. The only guarantee is the people behind it. A merc engine has to be sent in or repaired just the same as an engine from Raylar.

It comes down to where the value add is and what does it mean to the buyer. My experience so far is that I have gone a lot faster for a lot less money with the help of Raylar. Opinions will vary. Is that a can of worms I just opened?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Who can service a Raylar Engine

Any good marine service company, Mercury service dealer or marine mechanic who can work on a Mercruiser can work on a Raylar HO525 or HO600, they are both just internally modified Mercruiser 496 engines, same, fuel injection, electronics, "guardian" ,same pumps, hoses, coolers, etc. The nice thing is they don't need a lot of service, just change the oil, winterize them correctly! and run the hell out of them!
Our new LSM550 aluminum engine is even easier to service since we designed it with a lot more KISS technology, "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID" technology and we used a lot of easy to find, lower cost, off the shelf parts that can be found almost anywhere in the US and Canada without buying those incredibly overpriced parts from the 800 LB. Black Gorilla!
Larry and I have wrenched on a lot of engines and boats and believe me when I say everything we develop and bring to market has a lot of careful design and thought put into it so the person servicing it does not have to cuss a blue streak, twist their body like a contorsionist and cut their hands and arms up like a meat grinder!
Better Design, Better Performance, Better Reliability at a Better Price!
We're Try'in!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 09-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Registered

Any good marine service company, Mercury service dealer or marine mechanic who can work on a Mercruiser can work on a Raylar HO525 or HO600, they are both just internally modified Mercruiser 496 engines, same, fuel injection, electronics, "guardian" ,same pumps, hoses, coolers, etc. The nice thing is they don't need a lot of service, just change the oil, winterize them correctly! and run the hell out of them!
Our new LSM550 aluminum engine is even easier to service since we designed it with a lot more KISS technology, "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID" technology and we used a lot of easy to find, lower cost, off the shelf parts that can be found almost anywhere in the US and Canada without buying those incredibly overpriced parts from the 800 LB. Black Gorilla!
Larry and I have wrenched on a lot of engines and boats and believe me when I say everything we develop and bring to market has a lot of careful design and thought put into it so the person servicing it does not have to cuss a blue streak, twist their body like a contorsionist and cut their hands and arms up like a meat grinder!
Better Design, Better Performance, Better Reliability at a Better Price!
We're Try'in!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
What Ray says is right on.... I have a pair of 600's and it really is just as simple as a pair of hopped up 496's with all the stock Mercury guardian systems and such in full effect. There are a few add-ons needed for the 600's but nothing too crazy that doesn't make perfect sense to do anyway. I would like to take advantage of the weight savings offered by the new aluminum 550's, so if any OSO members are looking for a single or pair of 600's for a reasonable price, do not hesitate to send me a P.M.

Quick Reply: Raylar & Sunsation Team Up with a new package!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.