Hypothetical Accident Liability Question

Notices

Hypothetical Accident Liability Question

Old 04-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
One of my best friends is a State Farm agent. He laughed out loud when I asked him about coverage for a Cigarette. He said he didn't need to hear anymore, Cigarette was on their "no" list.
Put a Baja sticker on it. State Farm insures mine for $438 a year!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll address some of the points made in the last couple days:

*I'm no longer using the boat as collateral with her for the loan, so as to completely distance her from any and all liability regarding the boat. She simply gave me a personal loan secured by my Harley. So that's taken care of.

*The fact that I NOW live at home is none of anyone's concern but mine. I moved out when I was 18, had my own apartment until I decided to move back home when I broke up with my girlfriend in the summer of 06 when I was 24. So I've been there, and done that. I don't need a f*cking apartment to validate myself as a man. I could easily sell some toys and buy a place right now. I'm never home anyway. I'm out with my friends, riding my Harley, driving one of my two cars, and having fun. Or I'm at work. All I do is go home to sleep.

*Where I take girls for a nightcap is also none of anyone's concern. If I need to bang a broad, I'll pay for a hotel room, or as Mild Thunder said, I'll drill her on the Pantera.

*I won't worry about old men laughing about how I financed $16,000 on my Pantera. I'm going to be enjoying myself with my friends and endless throngs of 18-22 year old cutie pies that would probably rather be on my old Pantera with me than on some older guy's (insert more expensive boat here.) I'll get way, way more trim with my Pantera than my buddy can get because he has a house. Laugh all you want.

*I sell cars. I'm pacing to make 70K through the worst quarter of the year. Summer selling season starts in a couple days, and what I'm making will go up dramatically. I'll probably make 80k or 90k this year and pay the co*ksucker off by the end of the year. Is that OK with the money police on here? Is that enough money to justify having a boat? Am I WORTHY?

Last edited by baddogz28; 04-29-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, you come on a site, with the demographics obviously pointing towards middle aged financially responsible adults, and blast us for giving you sound advice? Advice that comes from experience, I might add. Go ahead, piss your money away, and don't save a dime. But don't get all high and mighty because the advice you got isn't what you wanted to hear. Maybe open your ears and listen, as we were all just trying to help.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baddogz28
I'll address some of the points made in the last couple days:

*I'm no longer using the boat as collateral with her for the loan, so as to completely distance her from any and all liability regarding the boat. She simply gave me a personal loan secured by my Harley. So that's taken care of.

*The fact that I NOW live at home is none of anyone's concern but mine. I moved out when I was 18, had my own apartment until I decided to move back home when I broke up with my girlfriend in the summer of 06 when I was 24. So I've been there, and done that. I don't need a f*cking apartment to validate myself as a man. I could easily sell some toys and buy a place right now. I'm never home anyway. I'm out with my friends, riding my Harley, driving one of my two cars, and having fun. Or I'm at work. All I do is go home to sleep.

*Where I take girls for a nightcap is also none of anyone's concern. If I need to bang a broad, I'll pay for a hotel room, or as Mild Thunder said, I'll drill her on the Pantera.

*I won't worry about old men laughing about how I financed $16,000 on my Pantera. I'm going to be enjoying myself with my friends and endless throngs of 18-22 year old cutie pies that would probably rather be on my old Pantera with me than on some older guy's (insert more expensive boat here.) I'll get way, way more trim with my Pantera than my buddy can get because he has a house. Laugh all you want.

*I sell cars. I'm pacing to make 70K through the worst quarter of the year. Summer selling season starts in a couple days, and what I'm making will go up dramatically. I'll probably make 80k or 90k this year and pay the co*ksucker off by the end of the year. Is that OK with the money police on here? Is that enough money to justify having a boat? Am I WORTHY?

Dayum !!!!!!!!!!!! EASY TIGER Your gonna blow a gasket BIG Daddy ... Its your $$$$$$ and your Life like i said before you have lots of years left to make maore dough
Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasquesi
Wow, you come on a site, with the demographics obviously pointing towards middle aged financially responsible adults, and blast us for giving you sound advice? Advice that comes from experience, I might add. Go ahead, piss your money away, and don't save a dime. But don't get all high and mighty because the advice you got isn't what you wanted to hear. Maybe open your ears and listen, as we were all just trying to help.
That wasn't directed at you Pasquesi. I think you need to reread page three of this thread.

I find it funny that you feel blasted when all I was doing was replying to someone else's ignorant posts. There has been a lot of good advice posted by many people on this thread. Unfortunately, I wasn't asking for anyone's advice on how to live my life. If I wanted sound advice on that, I would have posted a thread asking for that.

I asked a liability question and a bunch of guys started blasting my manhood, my financial capacity, even where I screw my women.

If that's not the thread getting hijacked and preachy, I don't know what is.

Last edited by baddogz28; 04-29-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you pay it off in 6 months. Stock up on the condoms Lothario, you sound like quite the "trim hound"!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Baddogz is pi$$ed because he came in here asking a question but the thread was hijacked by people trying to act the part of his dad. If the name of the thread was "Is this a good financial decision" fine, give him all the advice he wants. Sounds like he has his mind made up.

Baddagz, enjoy the boat and post some pics of all the beautiful babies sunbathing on the back when you finally get her in the water
Old 04-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
So at what point in life do you need to become a Man??

It's not about an age, it's not about money.
It's about being responsible for yourself - and further your family.
What makes a Man?
Bouy....you've been called "OLD"!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baddogz28
That wasn't directed at you Pasquesi. I think you need to reread page three of this thread.

I find it funny that you feel blasted when all I was doing was replying to someone else's ignorant posts. There has been a lot of good advice posted by many people on this thread. Unfortunately, I wasn't asking for anyone's advice on how to live my life. If I wanted sound advice on that, I would have posted a thread asking for that.

I asked a liability question and a bunch of guys started blasting my manhood, my financial capacity, even where I screw my women.

If that's not the thread getting hijacked and preachy, I don't know what is.
Like I said in my post to you, feel free to tell me to F-off, you didn't ask for my advice, then or now.

Most of us are older than you and have made the occasional mistake or 20. I have a son not much younger than you and I employ a bunch of guys just either side of your age. Between me and some of the other old farts on here, we've seen it all. Some of us put it a little more bluntly than others but I think we all had the same message. Ultimately it's your decision- nobody was going to be able to convince me either back then.

Look at it this way, 25 years from now, you can sit over here and tell some "youngster" all about it. Hey, we're old- what else are we going to do?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Like I said in my post to you, feel free to tell me to F-off, you didn't ask for my advice, then or now.

Most of us are older than you and have made the occasional mistake or 20. I have a son not much younger than you and I employ a bunch of guys just either side of your age. Between me and some of the other old farts on here, we've seen it all. Some of us put it a little more bluntly than others but I think we all had the same message. Ultimately it's your decision- nobody was going to be able to convince me either back then.

Look at it this way, 25 years from now, you can sit over here and tell some "youngster" all about it. Hey, we're old- what else are we going to do?
At no point was I offended by anything you have had to say to me on this thread. You did give sound advice, as you frequently do. I believe I even called you 'the voice of reason.'

And noone's disputing that you guys have much more experience than me. I never questioned that.

I think it's pretty clear who I was responding to with my post at the top of this page. His comments were incendiary, insulting and out of line. I stand by my above posts, as all I did was reply to those comments.

Pasquesi:

With 1 in 4 girls in this country having some kind of communicable STD, I may need a biohazard suit.

Quick Reply: Hypothetical Accident Liability Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.