Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/185345-buyers-beware-virginia-beach-boat-sales.html)

buck183 04-30-2008 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2543661)
Majority???? Yep all five of you......

Make that six....

Remind me not to help you when the time comes. Last time I checked that was the purpose of the forum.

I know Carter would go to bat for you if asked. Keep that in mind.

Buck

jayboat 04-30-2008 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2543652)
Childish antics. I need a t-shirt that says that on it.

Tshirt my azz. You need the tattoo.

Chris Sunkin 04-30-2008 05:11 PM

C'mon Tex, you know many of the people on here are personal acquaintances and friends. I've made business connections, met several people I could easily think of as friends and most of all I know that if I had a problem, some total stranger out there who I've spent a little bit of time in what you call a "chat room" will go out of his way to help me.

You can disagree about what's going on with the boatbuyer and the dealer but diminishing the value many of us bring to each other via this site is sill on your part.

Jamie B. 04-30-2008 05:52 PM

Majority???? Yep all five of you......who by the way still haven't represented all the facts. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Seven.
With many, many more silently watching...

As far as what I put in bold print, where are the others that agree/side with Stacey and yourself ?

<crickets>

DollaBill 04-30-2008 06:08 PM

uh oh Tex.

long duck dong 04-30-2008 06:54 PM

#8 Supporter- Sorry I was late......

Doesnt matter if the boat was $5k or $50k if Dustin was told the motor runs, the motor should run....

jayhawk261 04-30-2008 07:15 PM

The question is not as to what kind of deal he did or didn't get. The question is not that he "only" paid $50k for a 94 Top Gun. The question is, did he actually get what he paid for? In this case, obviously not. The boat was sold for $50k with one running and one not running engine. Period. No, well you should be happy for just paying $50k and get a hull cause it's still a good deal. I hate that! It isn't what the deal was supposed to be! As far as a survey goes, who knows how it would have turned out. How many threads here have been about bad surveyors and surveys lately? More than there have been positive that's for sure.

It boils down to 2 very simple concepts. First, as a seller, you should not lie to move the product. If you do, no matter how good a "deal" it is, you are still a lying POS. Second, when you get caught in the lie, you do not tell your customer "FU" if you still wish to do business. Short sightedness like this has killed many a business. Anyone read the Passport Marine thread lately? Short sightedness anyone? I went through a similar deal last year when buying a new trailer. It sucks when it happens to you.

Sorry Texoma, you are flat wrong. Consumers have the right to not be lied to no matter how good the "deal" is. Period.

never enuff 04-30-2008 07:32 PM

Winning an argument on an online chatroom is like winning a race in the special olympics. You may win, but your still retarded:D

If your trying to make a point why don't you use some other example. Maybe if you volunteered or attended one of those events you might not be so quick to make light of those participating. :(
Jay

CAPTAIN CHUCK 04-30-2008 07:35 PM

Well said....It's not about the price, it's about a lying sack of sh!t selling things that are knowingly misrepresented .
The motor didn't run and this stacey person knew it. He made the concious decision to try to get over on someone hoping there would be no repercussions.
He picked the wrong guy to fuk with.:angry-smiley-038:

Originally Posted by jayhawk261 (Post 2543906)
The question is not as to what kind of deal he did or didn't get. The question is not that he "only" paid $50k for a 94 Top Gun. The question is, did he actually get what he paid for? In this case, obviously not. The boat was sold for $50k with one running and one not running engine. Period. No, well you should be happy for just paying $50k and get a hull cause it's still a good deal. I hate that! It isn't what the deal was supposed to be! As far as a survey goes, who knows how it would have turned out. How many threads here have been about bad surveyors and surveys lately? More than there have been positive that's for sure.

It boils down to 2 very simple concepts. First, as a seller, you should not lie to move the product. If you do, no matter how good a "deal" it is, you are still a lying POS. Second, when you get caught in the lie, you do not tell your customer "FU" if you still wish to do business. Short sightedness like this has killed many a business. Anyone read the Passport Marine thread lately? Short sightedness anyone? I went through a similar deal last year when buying a new trailer. It sucks when it happens to you.

Sorry Texoma, you are flat wrong. Consumers have the right to not be lied to no matter how good the "deal" is. Period.

fountainracing65 04-30-2008 07:37 PM

is thread going to be deleted soon? WTF.