Like Tree0Likes

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 AM
  #241
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
carter38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma/GLOC
My Boats: Cigarettes
Posts: 2,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOTeen View Post
So when there are 50 people disagreeing with you in this thread that should tell you something. Numbers don't lie.
Thats as straight forward as it gets. You always have one.
carter38 is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 AM
  #242
RHC
Registered
 
RHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sandusky Bay
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
I won't beat this dead horse anymore. My primary reasoning is the price of $50K DOES represent the condition of the boat......so I see no misrepresentation. I'm a numbers guy so you can tell me everything I want to hear, but the numbers never lie as is in business and in the end thats all that matters......... to me anyway.
In this case the numbers do lie,,, because, the number indicated that one engine ran,,, It did not , therefore the number should be less !! , remember ,, the seller set the price and or agreed to it ,, the buyer did not get what was represented ,,, end or story ,, the numbers do not add up !

RHC
RHC is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
  #243
Registered
 
jayhawk261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
My Boats: 2000 Superboat 24 Step Bottom - Fresh 501
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
I won't beat this dead horse anymore. My primary reasoning is the price of $50K DOES represent the condition of the boat......so I see no misrepresentation. I'm a numbers guy so you can tell me everything I want to hear, but the numbers never lie as is in business and in the end thats all that matters......... to me anyway.
This one answers my question much better than your actual answer. In this one, you say that it is in fact ok for a seller renege on a deal if the seller thinks the buyer got a good enough deal.

You are saying that it would be ok if I decided to charge a client half price for a job and then only did half the job, and then said hey, you only had to pay 50% of my normal price. You should just be happy with what you got. If I did that, I'd be out of business yesterday. Owning my own business, I know the true value of my integrity and good reputation. You are telling us all that integrity has no bearing on business deals, only the almighty dollar.

I'm not trying to personally attack you Tex, but your value system seems a little warped. We as human beings have to interact with other human beings to do business. We are not a computer interfacing with another computer. The numbers have to be right in a business deal, but in the end, if you have no integrity, you have nothing.
jayhawk261 is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 11:50 AM
  #244
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (4)
 
Velocity Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma God's country no one else wants it.
My Boats: Old Skool 35' Ocean Express Cat 1700 HP
Posts: 4,340
Default

There can be only one reason in Tex thinking, his name wasn't on the bottom right of the check.
Velocity Vector is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
  #245
Registered
 
baja36ft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CHESAPEAKE,VA
Posts: 688
Default

stacey new both motors had to be rebuilt i rode in the boat last year and told him the head gaskets were bad but he sold it to a FRIEND and screw him (told him it was turn key) the
guy owed him 10,000 and didn't want to pay him because the motor blew so thats when it went up for sale i don't think they winterized the boat thats why the other motor was locked up or from the head gaskets leaking (check the headers)he also said on the phone last week he went to see if the motor would start and it would not turn over so he said
screw it i am not messing with it.(i don't care) he is getting a good deal. i think if he would of told dustin the truth he still would of bought it but it's not knowing the truth that hurts.

HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU DUSTIN.
baja36ft is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 04:28 PM
  #246
Registered
 
jryan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja36ft View Post
stacey new both motors had to be rebuilt i rode in the boat last year and told him the head gaskets were bad but he sold it to a FRIEND and screw him (told him it was turn key) the
guy owed him 10,000 and didn't want to pay him because the motor blew so thats when it went up for sale i don't think they winterized the boat thats why the other motor was locked up or from the head gaskets leaking (check the headers)he also said on the phone last week he went to see if the motor would start and it would not turn over so he said
screw it i am not messing with it.(i don't care) he is getting a good deal. i think if he would of told dustin the truth he still would of bought it but it's not knowing the truth that hurts.

HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU DUSTIN.

Wow...thats crazy..
jryan26 is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
  #247
Registered
 
baja36ft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CHESAPEAKE,VA
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR View Post
Your not really blackballing a dealer. Stacy is a mechanic, not a salesman. Was the boat bought from Stacy or the dealership?

He may work for a dealer, but I believe Stacy owned the boat.
I think Stacy got the boat w/ the idea of fixing it up and selling it and he had it for well over a year. The boat was run in a poker run about a year ago.

I hope everything works out for Dustin!!
YES BILL STACEY IS THE DEALER HE SELLS BOATS NOW....
baja36ft is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
  #248
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja36ft View Post
stacey new both motors had to be rebuilt i rode in the boat last year and told him the head gaskets were bad but he sold it to a FRIEND and screw him (told him it was turn key) the
guy owed him 10,000 and didn't want to pay him because the motor blew so thats when it went up for sale i don't think they winterized the boat thats why the other motor was locked up or from the head gaskets leaking (check the headers)he also said on the phone last week he went to see if the motor would start and it would not turn over so he said
screw it i am not messing with it.(i don't care) he is getting a good deal. i think if he would of told dustin the truth he still would of bought it but it's not knowing the truth that hurts.

HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU DUSTIN.

This guy should go to jail. He is a fraud and a criminal.
pasquesi is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
  #249
Registered
 
baja36ft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CHESAPEAKE,VA
Posts: 688
Default

here are a few pic's...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
94 cig.zip (837.1 KB, 126 views)
baja36ft is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
  #250
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
carter38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma/GLOC
My Boats: Cigarettes
Posts: 2,461
Default

Just got a update from my engine builder he is in the middle of tearing it down. He just called broken valve spring everything is rusted soild push rods lifters you name it. But hey its turn key.
carter38 is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
masher44
General Boating Discussion
30
04-29-2008 10:59 AM
zog02
General Boating Discussion
5
08-22-2005 09:20 AM
DanB
General Boating Discussion
3
12-16-2003 07:23 PM
boot
General Boating Discussion
45
04-28-2002 11:11 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.