Notices

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Old 04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Majority???? Yep all five of you......
Make that six....

Remind me not to help you when the time comes. Last time I checked that was the purpose of the forum.

I know Carter would go to bat for you if asked. Keep that in mind.

Buck
Old 04-30-2008, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Childish antics. I need a t-shirt that says that on it.
Tshirt my azz. You need the tattoo.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-30-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

C'mon Tex, you know many of the people on here are personal acquaintances and friends. I've made business connections, met several people I could easily think of as friends and most of all I know that if I had a problem, some total stranger out there who I've spent a little bit of time in what you call a "chat room" will go out of his way to help me.

You can disagree about what's going on with the boatbuyer and the dealer but diminishing the value many of us bring to each other via this site is sill on your part.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Majority???? Yep all five of you......who by the way still haven't represented all the facts. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Seven.
With many, many more silently watching...

As far as what I put in bold print, where are the others that agree/side with Stacey and yourself ?

<crickets>
Old 04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uh oh Tex.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#8 Supporter- Sorry I was late......

Doesnt matter if the boat was $5k or $50k if Dustin was told the motor runs, the motor should run....
Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

The question is not as to what kind of deal he did or didn't get. The question is not that he "only" paid $50k for a 94 Top Gun. The question is, did he actually get what he paid for? In this case, obviously not. The boat was sold for $50k with one running and one not running engine. Period. No, well you should be happy for just paying $50k and get a hull cause it's still a good deal. I hate that! It isn't what the deal was supposed to be! As far as a survey goes, who knows how it would have turned out. How many threads here have been about bad surveyors and surveys lately? More than there have been positive that's for sure.

It boils down to 2 very simple concepts. First, as a seller, you should not lie to move the product. If you do, no matter how good a "deal" it is, you are still a lying POS. Second, when you get caught in the lie, you do not tell your customer "FU" if you still wish to do business. Short sightedness like this has killed many a business. Anyone read the Passport Marine thread lately? Short sightedness anyone? I went through a similar deal last year when buying a new trailer. It sucks when it happens to you.

Sorry Texoma, you are flat wrong. Consumers have the right to not be lied to no matter how good the "deal" is. Period.

Last edited by jayhawk261; 04-30-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Winning an argument on an online chatroom is like winning a race in the special olympics. You may win, but your still retarded
If your trying to make a point why don't you use some other example. Maybe if you volunteered or attended one of those events you might not be so quick to make light of those participating.
Jay
Old 04-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Well said....It's not about the price, it's about a lying sack of sh!t selling things that are knowingly misrepresented .
The motor didn't run and this stacey person knew it. He made the concious decision to try to get over on someone hoping there would be no repercussions.
He picked the wrong guy to fuk with.

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
The question is not as to what kind of deal he did or didn't get. The question is not that he "only" paid $50k for a 94 Top Gun. The question is, did he actually get what he paid for? In this case, obviously not. The boat was sold for $50k with one running and one not running engine. Period. No, well you should be happy for just paying $50k and get a hull cause it's still a good deal. I hate that! It isn't what the deal was supposed to be! As far as a survey goes, who knows how it would have turned out. How many threads here have been about bad surveyors and surveys lately? More than there have been positive that's for sure.

It boils down to 2 very simple concepts. First, as a seller, you should not lie to move the product. If you do, no matter how good a "deal" it is, you are still a lying POS. Second, when you get caught in the lie, you do not tell your customer "FU" if you still wish to do business. Short sightedness like this has killed many a business. Anyone read the Passport Marine thread lately? Short sightedness anyone? I went through a similar deal last year when buying a new trailer. It sucks when it happens to you.

Sorry Texoma, you are flat wrong. Consumers have the right to not be lied to no matter how good the "deal" is. Period.

Last edited by CAPTAIN CHUCK; 04-30-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

is thread going to be deleted soon? WTF.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.