Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Notices

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
If I purchased the boat and was told that one motor was hurt but the other was fine outside of a dead battery than thats what I would expect. If I got it home and than found out that both motors were junk than yes I would call the seller back. If the seller than told me to go get fuked, than yes he is a piece of chit and so is anyone that defends him and his practices. It sounds like from your past that you don't get too excited when you get fuked. I get VERY pissed off and don't like to see anyone get fuked! The guy is a piece of chit!!!
Agree on all counts.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I think ASmith(Allan) should get to replace Allan4 as an option in all polls from now on.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I apologize Macklin and the same to the other VA guys. I just got pizzed at the other comment and let it go. You got brought into this by another party. Again, I'm sorry for the statement.
Appreciate that! And I was a bit over the top about calling this a rediculous thread. It is not! I bet anyone who might ever want to sell a boat to an OSO member is taking notice.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold a boat last year to a member on OSO, and on the first time out, it either hit something in the water or broke the drive. Even though the transaction was finished, I filed a claim with my ins. company, and rebuilt the drive because it was the RIGHT THING TO DO. This POS salesman needs to step up and do the right thing.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Misrepresentation on the part of the seller is wrong. Pure and Simple.
Attached Thumbnails Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales-boat4sale.jpg  
Old 05-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
Misrepresentation on the part of the seller is wrong. Pure and Simple.
LOL! Minor hull scratches. Should buff out!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by asmith
And the remark about the special olympics you guys come on here and talk all this smack, and someone makes a remark, that I thought was hilarious by the way, and you want him thrown off the board. Seems a little hipocritical to me.
Allan Smith
Yes the olympics crack was a joke, that I found on OSO by the way.............. I apoligize to those offended - that was not my intention. My brother has special problems, and I have attended a "special" event as well

I've helped many of fellow OSO'ers and I will continue to do the same. I will also take care of my own personal problems and bad financial decisions, the likes of which no faxbomb could ever solve.

Bottom line is the guy paid $50K for a 94 top gun, was told that it had issues and he didn't even get it surveyed. The dealer told him something was wrong with it and IMO thats his only responsibility to the buyer and he should have had it checked out thoroughly. How many "I'm looking at the boat" threads start out with survey, survey, survey....... IMO thats still a pretty good deal and the boat can still be sold for what he has in it. Or better yet, rebuild or replace the power and sell it for a profit. When your broker tells you buy this great performing stock and it falls to the floor do you go after the broker.................no, you KNOW THE RISK. Same with this boat, he should have known the risk involved and if he didn't then he should have paid someone to figure it out because the saleman is the last person thats going to tell you that.

As for the personal insults, IMO it only make yourself look that much worse. I had a PM this morning from a guy agreeing with everything I've said; its a shame he won't post here for fear of 5 pages of personal insults. Funny he also mentioned his first thread was about a bad business deal and he was blasted because...................he was an advertiser and the good ol budy system runs pretty deep here. I guess stacy should have steped up to as an advertiser

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 05-01-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Texoma,

If this plays out as it sounds the guy got screwed in the purchase. Was he naive ? probably to not have the mechanicals looked at.

Why don't more people post on this subject vs private messages ? Fear of being shouted down for the slightest disagreement.
ed
Old 05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Yes the olympics crack was a joke, that I found on OSO by the way.............. I apoligize to those offended - that was not my intention. My brother has special problems, and I have attended a "special" event as well

I've helped many of fellow OSO'ers and I will continue to do the same. I will also take care of my own personal problems and bad financial decisions, the likes of which no faxbomb could ever solve.

Bottom line is the guy paid $50K for a 94 top gun, was told that it had issues and he didn't even get it surveyed. The dealer told him something was wrong with it and IMO thats his only responsibility to the buyer and he should have had it checked out thoroughly. How many "I'm looking at the boat" threads start out with survey, survey, survey....... IMO thats still a pretty good deal and the boat can still be sold for what he has in it. Or better yet, rebuild or replace the power and sell it for a profit. When your broker tells you buy this great performing stock and it falls to the floor do you go after the broker.................no, you KNOW THE RISK. Same with this boat, he should have known the risk involved and if he didn't then he should have paid someone to figure it out because the saleman is the last person thats going to tell you that.

As for the personal insults, IMO it only make yourself look that much worse. I had a PM this morning from a guy agreeing with everything I've said; its a shame he won't post here for fear of 5 pages of personal insults. Funny he also mentioned his first thread was about a bad business deal and he was blasted because...................he was an advertiser and the good ol budy system runs pretty deep here. I guess stacy should have steped up to as an advertiser
I had a structural survey done and why that was being done STACEY even told surveyor the other motor is turn key. Trust me I wish I would have had the motors looked at. But bottom line is that I knew the boat could not have a sea trial done and the top end was gone off the other one. I took the guys word since he told me he just recently started it. Like I said before even if it would have turned over it would have been different story, but to be locked up solid come on. The point to be made here is lying to make a sale, and misrepresenting the boat. I'm sure if you had a problem the guys here would have helped you as well. I just know I will go completely out of my way to make things right with a customer even if it cost me. Bottom line.

Last edited by carter38; 05-01-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texoma, forget about the price paid already. That is not the issue. The sales guy LIED and that is all there is to it. He should make good on the deal and refund some money back to Carter.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.