Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales >

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Notices

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Old 05-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And that, my friend, is the bottom line.
He who can get over will.

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I think we've determined that Stacy Riddle is a liar,crook and a sleeze bag but dont we all know that most people in the boat business(most not all) or any business for that matter cant be trusted. For what it's worth can you trust anybody in this day and time. It's all business and when someone can screw you out of a buck there going too. Sad but true.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Or he will try until the brotherhood gets his ass!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK
And that, my friend, is the bottom line.
He who can get over will.
This is true and that is the marine bis in a nut shell.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I gave you a boat say a 94 cig $0.00 just signed the title over to you (no money changing hands) and told you one motor ran and the other didn't. But come to find out the one running motor was froze up. I would get it running for you even if it meant buying you a new motor.

All a man has is his integrity:
A quality characterized by honesty, reliability, and fairness, developed in a relationship over time. Customers and clients have much more confidence when dealing with a business when they can rely on the representations made. Integrity can also be rebuilt just like a house blown over by the wind but to do it, a man must want to. VV
Old 05-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by long duck dong
WOOAAAHHHH

Point is Stacey WAS THE OWNER/currator of the boat. In another post I recall someone saying Stacey had been seen using the boat last summer, didnt the heads fail on Stacey and he called "ASMITH" for parts and help....isnt that something else that came up in this thread?...
Longer than that guys. He put it in dry storage, next to my PQ, two winters ago. When I brought mine out of storage last spring to get it ready for trade was when I noticed the damage from the little kiss with the this TG.

Just want to clear that up.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:48 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your not really blackballing a dealer. Stacy is a mechanic, not a salesman. Was the boat bought from Stacy or the dealership?

He may work for a dealer, but I believe Stacy owned the boat.
I think Stacy got the boat w/ the idea of fixing it up and selling it and he had it for well over a year. The boat was run in a poker run about a year ago.

I hope everything works out for Dustin!!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 05-02-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

I won't beat this dead horse anymore. My primary reasoning is the price of $50K DOES represent the condition of the boat......so I see no misrepresentation. I'm a numbers guy so you can tell me everything I want to hear, but the numbers never lie as is in business and in the end thats all that matters......... to me anyway.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Registered

Typical.... one of the main reasons I got out of Texas is because so many more people on average are just plain two faced, dishonest and have hidden agendas. It was pathetic. Lived in 12 states over the last 15 years and could not believe how Texas really was. Met some fine folks there, but "overall" there were/are many more two-faced dishonest people that didnt know the value of a handshake and had no value on what their reputation means. Everyone thinks Texans are so manly and tough..... What a joke.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I won't beat this dead horse anymore. My primary reasoning is the price of $50K DOES represent the condition of the boat......so I see no misrepresentation. I'm a numbers guy so you can tell me everything I want to hear, but the numbers never lie as is in business and in the end thats all that matters......... to me anyway.

So when there are 50 people disagreeing with you in this thread that should tell you something. Numbers don't lie.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I don't want to bash...but you are an complete idiot, stuck on some weird tangent about the sale price justifying a complete misrepresentation of what was purchased.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.