Looking for a good detailer in the Richmond, Va area >

Looking for a good detailer in the Richmond, Va area

Notices

Looking for a good detailer in the Richmond, Va area

Old 04-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for a good detailer in the Richmond, Va area

I stay so busy these days I just don't have the time to get the job done of getting my boat cleaned up for the season they way I want it. If anyone has any good recommendations for boat detailers in the Richmond, Va area, it is greatly appreciated. I want to give it a good buff and wax as well. I appreciate any and all information!!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Unfortunately, A Brighter Finish closed its doors last fall. They did AWESOME work.

Give Ben a call at Sea Ray (& Baja) of Richmond, and find out who he has come in to do work at their lot. They have not worked on my boat, so I cannot totally vouch for them; but I have seen them work; and they appear thorough. Its a father and son team.
Ben at work: 804.275.0250

Also, you can give Joe Corbin a call at Progressive Collision and Boat Works. They are not really in the detail business, but they have an outside crew that can come in and do boats. I just picked my boat up from Joe and Steve (his boat fixing guru), and they do FANTASTIC gelcoat and paint and repair work. My boat needed the keel touched up from the prior owner beaching the boat at Havasu.

Their outside crew did a fantastic job on buffing/polishing my boat last year, but their interior work left a bit to be desired. I do believe you could make sure they do the job right though.
Joe at work: 804.748.3694 (You can talk to Johnny or Steve as well.)
Old 04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info and much appreciated. The fact that A Brighter Finish stopped doing the detailing is what prompted this in the first place. I heard nothing but great things about the work they did and was unpleasantly surprised to see they stopped that portion of their business.

I can't hang with Shawn down at Buggs any longer, even if I installed a pro charger so my boat needs to be at least as clean as his...

Wait...never mind, I can't compete with that either!! I still have my pride though!!