Notices

Rub Rail - any hookups??

Old 04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Bouyhunter,

Do you have pics of your current rail? I'm interested to see if it's all wavy like mine. Though mine is pretty clean (I haven't docked it yet ) it doesn't lay on in a straight line. Kind of looks cheezy.

LM
Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine isn't an issue of laying straight, I think it is the original, and has seen some abuse. Gouges in it. Look through my WIP thread in the Pantera section, you'll see what I mean.
It's an old solid boat, I would expect this (maybe not this bad..) But I'm trying to bring the exterior back to close to original in rigging/style for the day. I think it's a very classic look. If you try to take a 28 year old boat, and make it look like a 3 year old boat, it never works. Plus, I'm over the bubble of being old, as opposed to being old-school. I like the look of the old-school better myself, but that's just me.
Not many guys today want the old High Cablde lifeline down the deck, but I love it!
What year is yours??
I'd be glad to dsicuss things with you about our boats.
I love mine, and haven't even seen the water yet in this one.

LM - sorry, this is Bouy - the wife logged in on the laptop, and a I didn't realize

Last edited by JJ Pantera; 04-29-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: the wife was logged in.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Helping someone out is rarely a major production. Pay it forward... Besides, gives me an excuse to stop by the boat store and say hello.
You are alright, man.
Makes me miss the old OSO because it was all about this kind of thing.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ Pantera
Mine isn't an issue of laying straight, I think it is the original, and has seen some abuse. Gouges in it. Look through my WIP thread in the Pantera section, you'll see what I mean.
It's an old solid boat, I would expect this (maybe not this bad..) But I'm trying to bring the exterior back to close to original in rigging/style for the day. I think it's a very classic look. If you try to take a 28 year old boat, and make it look like a 3 year old boat, it never works. Plus, I'm over the bubble of being old, as opposed to being old-school. I like the look of the old-school better myself, but that's just me.
Not many guys today want the old High Cablde lifeline down the deck, but I love it!
What year is yours??
I'd be glad to dsicuss things with you about our boats.
I love mine, and haven't even seen the water yet in this one.

LM - sorry, this is Bouy - the wife logged in on the laptop, and a I didn't realize
Mine is a 94. I'll take a look at that thread to see pics of yours. When I start any resto work, I'll be sure to call ya.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Machine
Mine is a 94. I'll take a look at that thread to see pics of yours. When I start any resto work, I'll be sure to call ya.
Sure thing! And tell you all the guys I got advice from, and what I screwed up in the process. Not from their advice, at my own hands.
I'll also let my wife do the shopping for parts for ya - she's gotten some great deals for us on some nice stuff.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 PM

Where is the place located in Tn? I'm coming up 75 now and will hit the Tn line about 9 and if it close and open I can pick it up for you and drop it off at your place in the morning and the shipping won't cost you a dime.