Notices

Rub Rail - any hookups??

Old 04-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered an AC unit thru WM and had it shipped to their store for pickup, vs drop shipped to my house. No shipping charges that way.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by handfulz28
I've wanted an excuse to ask my local guy whether he can hook me up with Taco stuff, so if you can wait until tomorrow, I'll stop by. Taco is actually local to me, so perhaps you can go through my guy to order, we can pick it up and try to figure out how to ship.
Sure I can wait.
I don't expect the boat to see water until mid June.

I'm replacing the entire rub-rail, so the 60' should be easy coverage on a 24/7. I'm just worried about kinking it in the bends.

Let me know what you come up with.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$140 each from my local guy. Sounds like Taco does the metal out of TN and uses both TN & FL as a warehouse. They have the pieces in stock down here. I can pick them up but you'd have to figure out how to get them to you. Perhaps an OSO boat haulin' bro with some room could stuff them in a cabin or something.
I don't know if my local guy could somehow arrange to have a dropship from the TN warehouse to a local-to-you shop or something, but it's an idea. But if he could do it, your local shop should be able to do it.
Let me know how I can help.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM

What town is in. In Tn? Where are you located bouyhunter?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Hey Tim,

Why don't you learn how to dock the boat first. Then buy new rub rail after that.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
$140 each from my local guy. Sounds like Taco does the metal out of TN and uses both TN & FL as a warehouse. They have the pieces in stock down here. I can pick them up but you'd have to figure out how to get them to you. Perhaps an OSO boat haulin' bro with some room could stuff them in a cabin or something.
I don't know if my local guy could somehow arrange to have a dropship from the TN warehouse to a local-to-you shop or something, but it's an idea. But if he could do it, your local shop should be able to do it.
Let me know how I can help.
Thanks!
I'll let you know. I don't want to turn it into a major production and have several people's time involved to save a couple bucks. I respect that everyone has there own things to do.
I appreciate you looking into it though.

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
What town is in. In Tn? Where are you located bouyhunter?
Yeah, the location in TN might work fairly easy. I'm just south of Cinci (ten miles into Kentucky), And I have business associates in Nashville that might be able to make something happen - or I may need to make a visit.

Originally Posted by fund razor
Hey Tim,

Why don't you learn how to dock the boat first. Then buy new rub rail after that.

Either that, or leave this one on and name the boat "Battle Scars"
Old 04-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Helping someone out is rarely a major production. Pay it forward... Besides, gives me an excuse to stop by the boat store and say hello.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered

Tim
I have told you I would give you a hand with the boat and I actually replaced the rub rail on my 24 baja years back and it was not to hard so if you get the stuff I would be happy to help it is nice to have a few hands.
I ordered mine through captins cove a few years back they had it come in on a truck and I went down and picked it up. I can not remember the price though it was not too much, less than West Marine or whoever wanted.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigBoat
Tim
I have told you I would give you a hand with the boat and I actually replaced the rub rail on my 24 baja years back and it was not to hard so if you get the stuff I would be happy to help it is nice to have a few hands.
I ordered mine through captins cove a few years back they had it come in on a truck and I went down and picked it up. I can not remember the price though it was not too much, less than West Marine or whoever wanted.
Thanks Todd!!
Yeah, I've watched video's of them replacing it, and It just makes me nervous taking a stick of this stuff (all aluminum, no insert) around the sharp point of the bow.
I still need to do paint, but was thinking of pre-fitting this stuff, and then pulling it and re-applying. Any thoughts on this plan?
I'm looking at regardless about $5-600 in it by the time it's said and done, to some that isn't huge money, but in the scope of all my other projects on this...it starts to add up.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

I would not think it is a bad idea to prefit it but we did not damage the old boat at all doing mine. We used a heat gun to warm it up and a rubber mallet and the bends went fine.

Quick Reply: Rub Rail - any hookups??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.