Notices

checkmate chine walk

Old 04-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default checkmate chine walk

ok...back in the early 80 living at LOTO i had a 17 foot checkmate with a 150....bad ass fun little boat....but that chine walk could scare ya....i'm mean you can drive through it working the steering wheel...but on the edge it could get pretty wild...with gas prices i am going to have to downsize...i'm thinking about a 24 foot checkmate pulsare with a 300 merc...anyone know about this boat or something comparable...do they still ride wild like the older ones....thanks in advance

Chip Cecil
Old 04-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't imagine a 300 outboard would get a heavy 24 going fast enough to get it un-stuck.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 21' Checkmate with a 235 hp on a jack plate. It can get squirelly and chinewalk if you air it out and hang it on the edge. It is a fun 2nd boat to fly around the lake with. It doesnt handle ANY size or kind of wave without your body being jarred hard though
Old 04-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When I was 18 I bought a 18 Checkmate with a 235 Evinrude, I have no idea how I'm still alive as I thought I was invisable in that death trap.... good times good times!!!!! I thought I was really moving up in life two years later I sold that for a 22 Velocity with a Big Block!!!

Too Funny
Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Can't imagine a 300 outboard would get a heavy 24 going fast enough to get it un-stuck.
Maybe you should educate yourself on what a 24' Pulsare is before you make this post.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:35 PM

Missed the Pulsare. Was thinking about the deep vee 24.

Hey, Magic- instead of getting your panties all wadded up the crack of your a$$, you could have pointed out that possibly I was mistaken. Or maybe not. At least you got to biitch slap someone today- good work.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Missed the Pulsare. Was thinking about the deep vee 24.

Hey, Magic- instead of getting your panties all wadded up the crack of your a$$, you could have pointed out that possibly I was mistaken. Or maybe not. At least you got to biitch slap someone today- good work.
Remember those who livin in glass house shall throw stones. Practice what you preach.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Remember those who livin in glass house shall throw stones. Practice what you preach.

You must have mistaken me for someone else. I make mistakes and am the first to admit when I'm wrong. I'm glad I now have someone like you to follow me around to point mine out for me- it'll take a load off.

P.S. The actual quote I think you were grasping for was "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

You must have mistaken me for someone else. I make mistakes and am the first to admit when I'm wrong. I'm glad I now have someone like you to follow me around to point mine out for me- it'll take a load off.

P.S. The actual quote I think you were grasping for was "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".
Well you caught me in a mistake, I guess were even. Don't fladder yourself, I am by no means following you around nor will I ever.

Sorry Chip for the thread hyjack.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
I have a 21' Checkmate with a 235 hp on a jack plate. It can get squirelly and chinewalk if you air it out and hang it on the edge. It is a fun 2nd boat to fly around the lake with. It doesnt handle ANY size or kind of wave without your body being jarred hard though
Awwhh... those wonderfull crazy memories.. "Youth"
I ran a 16' hustler with a 135HP Evinrude. jacked up 2"+.(mid - to late 70's)
I think the boat weight in about 200 lb. I didn't even need a winch, Just yanked it up on the trailer. lol.
Chinewalking was a norm. So much air under the bow.. my friends called it the "perfect.. f' ing machine" (the crazy. wild.. once) and a few..."the suicide boat".

I think a 23' - 24' boat would have less of a problem.. I bumped my ride up to a 21' after the speedy Hustler.
But I never had so much fun since..

Quick Reply: checkmate chine walk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.