Notices

Axius system

Old 04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axius system

Sorry to put this thread here,but I would like to ask your opinion.
I am going to buy Formula 370ss with Cummins QSD4.2 diesels,but Axius is not available with them for the moment and gasoline engines don´t come into question. .Axius system with Cummins is coming 4. quarter 2008,so it is first 2009 summer,when you can take advantage of the new technology.Bowthruster is quite ancient, I think.What would you do?Is Axius system such a cutting edge technology,that you would wait for a year?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure it could be added at a later date?

Last edited by BY U BOY; 04-29-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered

From Formula:

Axius is a sterndrive package that uses twin, independently articulating MerCruiser® Bravo Three® sterndrives to provide joystick control for tight maneuvering and docking. Additionally, its Digital Throttle & Shift and Electronic/Hydraulic steering system make piloting a larger boat simple and intuitive. Axius-powered boats can move laterally, at an angle, forward, backward and even turn in a circle on its axis – all with a simple touch of a joystick.

Formula currently offers the Axius system on the 350 Sun Sport, 370 Super Sport, and 34 and 37 Performance Cruisers, with availability on other SS and PC models in the near future.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered

Bowthruster is just old.

Vikings are ancient:
http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/
Old 04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
From Formula:

Axius is a sterndrive package that uses twin, independently articulating MerCruiser® Bravo Three® sterndrives to provide joystick control for tight maneuvering and docking. Additionally, its Digital Throttle & Shift and Electronic/Hydraulic steering system make piloting a larger boat simple and intuitive. Axius-powered boats can move laterally, at an angle, forward, backward and even turn in a circle on its axis – all with a simple touch of a joystick.

Formula currently offers the Axius system on the 350 Sun Sport, 370 Super Sport, and 34 and 37 Performance Cruisers, with availability on other SS and PC models in the near future.
The system is available now for Formula 370SS with Mercruiser 496 ho engines,but not with Cummins diesels,which are must for me.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You should be able to make the boat do anything the Axius System does manually yourself with throttle and shifter control.

I guess what happens when it malfunctions???? New technology often has some bugs to work out.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

for a 37 foot boat a bow thruster should be fine to help move the boat . with the bravo 3 drive being duo prop they tend to bite the water better and help turning easier . most boats in that size dont even have a thruster .
now if it where like a 80 to 100 footer i would think twice and maybe wait . even then i would have to second guess myself on waiting . i see plenty of big boat's that do just fine with someone that know's how to throtle and run a boat .
"never aproch anything faster then you want to hit it "
good luck
Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
You should be able to make the boat do anything the Axius System does manually yourself with throttle and shifter control.
Axius is supposed to work like Volvo IPS. Drive an IPS boat and you might say you can get somewhere close manually with thrusters, but you can't duplicate it. You can't get close with just drives and no thruster.

You can put a 40 PC in a 42 foot opening at a dock with IPS. One try. Pull up parallel to the opening and walk it in perfectly sideways. I drove one last weekend and was amazed.