Notices

Dreaded Milkshake

Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NEthing4Speed
Make that 6,500 - 7,500 for this one. If I was starting with a raw block I would definitely scrap it and find a new one. This block has close to 30 hours worth of machine work. I have to at least attempt a repair. I should have it back out on the water today and I will let everyone know how it goes.

BTW, I pressure tested the repair up to 40 PSI after it was complete and found that the crack extended further than it actually appeared. I went ahead and extended the repair until it was out of sight. Hopefully I got to the end of the stress riser... We will see how it holds up.
Please include pictures of your repair. The way you are describing it it is hard to believe you would be able to salvage that block let alone get it back on the water today....You must have some skills. I truly hope it works for you. The crack you describe sounds like one you would see if the block froze. Once again good luck to you.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the boat out twice already, running it hard,and there are no signs of the milkshake. I think I have fixed the problem. The repair looks like Frankenblock but is holding up nicely.

I have some beautiful pictures of the repair in progress but my computer doesn't seem to recognize the 4GB SD card. I thgink I need a special card reader for that size SD card. I will post pics as soon as I buy a reader or find the camera's cable.