Notices

san diego 4/30 - 5/3

Old 05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OSO EDITION ?-------I hope you did not use it for a sex toy!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:45 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm gonna launch in Ocenaside and make a run down to watch the air race on Sunday. I've never boated down there before and understand there are some nasty kelp beds that should be avoided. Anyone know about this or have any pointers ?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
I think I'm gonna launch in Ocenaside and make a run down to watch the air race on Sunday. I've never boated down there before and understand there are some nasty kelp beds that should be avoided. Anyone know about this or have any pointers ?
No problems til mission bay. At that point you could go on the inside of the kelp (along the beach) or just stay about 3 miles out and come straight into the san diego bay channel. Pretty easy to avoid the kelp...if you find you self in it just head west. Have a safe trip and I will keep an eye out for your cig.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 PM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by Westcoast
No problems til mission bay. At that point you could go on the inside of the kelp (along the beach) or just stay about 3 miles out and come straight into the san diego bay channel. Pretty easy to avoid the kelp...if you find you self in it just head west. Have a safe trip and I will keep an eye out for your cig.
Good deal man, thanks...that's pretty much what I figured. Leave Oceanside, head west 3 miles, turn left for 38 miles then make another left into SD
I'll prob be down there around 10am Sun - thx again for the info.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

If you get there early enough stop by the marriot j-42. I am on the end. Come by and say high. I will have some cold ones.

Eddie
Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 PM
LZH
Registered

If you get there early enough stop by the marriot j-42. I am on the end. Come by and say high. I will have some cold ones.

Eddie
You got - thx, Eddie. What do you think will be the best place to watch the races from the water ? Or, will the coast guard determine that ?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
You got - thx, Eddie. What do you think will be the best place to watch the races from the water ? Or, will the coast guard determine that ?
The coast guard determines....You can set up south of the bridge or north of the USS midway. Either is a good view. I watched from the marina last year. We would take the dingy or the scarab out to the entrence of the marriot for a perfect view. Bring lots of anchor rope since you will have to drop a hook in the middle of the channel and that is about 50ft.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:55 PM
LZH
Registered

The coast guard determines....You can set up south of the bridge or north of the USS midway. Either is a good view. I watched from the marina last year. We would take the dingy or the scarab out to the entrence of the marriot for a perfect view. Bring lots of anchor rope since you will have to drop a hook in the middle of the channel and that is about 50ft.
Good deal, thx again....Anchor rope, on my list for WestMarine tomorrow
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

My sister lives there & has a 34 foot sail boat if that helps. I'm sure if she is going out in it she would take her for a cruise.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Last year we rafted up on the north side of the bridge, to the south of the races. Unfortunately the C.G. had everyone simply too far from the races to enjoy them. From our position, it was a bore. The safty nazi's know how to ruin a good time. Wouldn't do it again. Like WESTCOAST said, if you can see it from the marina which is much closer, it would be a MUCH better time.

Darrell.

Quick Reply: san diego 4/30 - 5/3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.