Are cats really that dangerous?

Notices

Are cats really that dangerous?

Old 05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Here is a similar question asked here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=149820

Some found this question to be Dumb (Thanks T2x).

However Parnell I feel answered it the best!

Here is his response.

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
How can you respect my opinion if you don't even know who I am?
My .02 cents worth.
By the early 90's, as several people already said, the 40 Skaters were pounding the 47 Apache's ( Best rough water v ever) in big water and everyone quit racing them because they couldn't keep up. Size for size the "good" cats will be faster if JT is driving. IMHO a 47 Apache/Saber will be more comfortable and a little safer if you don't have to go wide open because as someone said you don't need to be on top going wide open to go somewhere in the v like a cat. No middle speed for a cat in rough water and the faster you are going the more chance to make a mistake. This summer the new 47 Saber will have plenty of time to square off with Ruthless and we can see how they fair on a rough day in Lake Michigan. Comom summer. NK
KR

Last edited by KNOT-RIGHT; 05-05-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
+1

I'd love to see pictures of the race with 10 footers. I have never seen a race run in 10 foot seas, and didn't know one was ever run. Closest I've seen is maybe the apache challenge. sloppy but well under 10 feet.
Ocean city maryland 1992 US offshore ...20-30 mph winds, raining and they cancelled the f boats. Reggie stuffed his 42 fountain (ohio Steel ) going out of the inlet (lots of fun in a canopied 28 skater) I'm sure jeff from freeze frame has some footage
Old 05-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Registered

Nice!
Attached Files
File Type: mpg
ShortThunder-0001.mpg (7.50 MB, 126 views)
Old 05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
+1

I'd love to see pictures of the race with 10 footers. I have never seen a race run in 10 foot seas, and didn't know one was ever run. Closest I've seen is maybe the apache challenge. sloppy but well under 10 feet.
they have done it several times in Class 1.... they have cancelled practices before for 20 foot seas though.
Attached Thumbnails Are cats really that dangerous?-gj5i1747.jpg   Are cats really that dangerous?-gj5i1748.jpg   Are cats really that dangerous?-gj5i1553.jpg  

Old 05-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

Nice rooster tail action !
Old 05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
they have done it several times in Class 1.... they have cancelled practices before for 20 foot seas though.
Nice Shots !
Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sean
That is rough water, but it is not 10' seas. I give those cat guys a lot of credit to even try and run that water.
I have seen 38' Cigarette's running true 6' plus water with the occasional scary 8' underneath the Verrazano bridge heading out into the Raritan bay in a howling headwind. It is something to see, but God help them if the waves spread a little and they fall in the trough.
Ed
Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Sean
That is rough water, but it is not 10' seas. I give those cat guys a lot of credit to even try and run that water.
I have seen 38' Cigarette's running true 6' plus water with the occasional scary 8' underneath the Verrazano bridge heading out into the Raritan bay in a howling headwind. It is something to see, but God help them if the waves spread a little and they fall in the trough.
Ed
didn't say those pics were, but they do race in that when they race around england and norway... those were just some pics i had handy.

the race this weekend in ftl was 5-7's according to SBI, and the 32 ft outboard cats ran nearly as fast as the 40 ft supervees.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
Here is a similar question asked here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=149820

Some found this question to be Dumb (Thanks T2x).

However Parnell I feel answered it the best!

Here is his response.

KR
Gerry
I respect Parnell's opinion........absolutely!
I would love to see a 40' Skater go by Kemosabe in true 8' plus seas. I would be very impressed by that feat.
Ed
Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

didn't say those pics were, but they do race in that when they race around england and norway... those were just some pics i had handy.

the race this weekend in ftl was 5-7's according to SBI, and the 32 ft outboard cats ran nearly as fast as the 40 ft supervees.
Post a couple pics, I love those crazy air shots.

Quick Reply: Are cats really that dangerous?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.