Notices

OTC Pics

Old 05-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wind didnt cooperate but it was a great time. The Friday run was perfect except for a few stray rollers in the bay!!
Attached Thumbnails OTC Pics-img_1570.jpg   OTC Pics-img_1571.jpg   OTC Pics-img_1578.jpg  

Old 05-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sellsman11
The wind didnt cooperate but it was a great time. The Friday run was perfect except for a few stray rollers in the bay!!
I think everyone had their own experience with those rollers. We were in Willis' 37 Outerlimits and needless to say we went flying for awhile before we came down on the second set. I could have counted to four while we were in the air. Totally did not see them coming! It was fun though. It was a great time on the poker run Friday.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 boats went to stingarees on sat and it really wasn't that roungh. Only zinged the drives a few times.

Did they ever run the boats sunday morning like they were talking about?

Water looked slick as glass sunday.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
3 boats went to stingarees on sat and it really wasn't that roungh. Only zinged the drives a few times.

We went out on Saturday towards the course area and it was rough. Went out about a mile from Kemah channel and then turned around and went back. We had our grandaughter with us and it was a little too much with her on board. Sunday we ran down to Top Water after the blessing of the fleet and there was just enough, 1-2's to make it fun. Too bad it didn't work out.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

By the time yall headed to stingaree it calmed down a little. When they called it the first time they were 4's with a 5 every other wave
Old 05-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered

Only zinged the drives a few times.
thats because they were down in the cabin mixin drinks and changing the radio station.... i have been in capt safety's crab trap killer..... da funk phenomonon, da funk phenomonon!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gerritm
We went out on Saturday towards the course area and it was rough. Went out about a mile from Kemah channel and then turned around and went back. We had our grandaughter with us and it was a little too much with her on board. Sunday we ran down to Top Water after the blessing of the fleet and there was just enough, 1-2's to make it fun. Too bad it didn't work out.
Sounds like fun.

I guess you guys forgot to send the memo to the Conroe club.

When is the next gig down there for you guys?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sellsman11
good to see you Frankie hope got some good leads this weekend
Old 05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Y'all will be one of the last ones to visit Stingaree's for a while. They had an electrical fire Sunday morning at 3:15 a.m. and will be closed for a while.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about the rough conditions for you guys. Lake Maurepas was a little rough on Friday afternoon as well. But, it did slow down all the talkin my cat-owning buddys were doing coming into the weekend.

Saturday morning was an absolute deluge but, as usual, Charlie must have a deal with the devil because around 9:00 the rain stopped and blue skies were on the horizon. Turned out to be a great day for the run.

Here's hoping the scheduling of the TF 200 and the TOC doesn't conflict next year. As many have said, I would love to attend both but if they are on the same weekend, I'm definitely going to hit the event in my own backyard!!

Quick Reply: OTC Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.