Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!! >

Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Notices

Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You don't do it for the money you do it for the love. If the love ain't there, kick it to the curb.

Jon
Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
I would so keep that boat. You are so close to being done. You will never get anything close to the money you want or should get out of it. It's just another old boat with broken motors at this point.

Besides there is not alot of 28 Apache's out there. There's probably none that would be as nice as that one, once you put some motors in it. I just don't understand how you could put that much time, effort, and money into it then just give up.

I am slowly rebuilding my boat. Although I have no where near the money into it you do, I could never just give up on it half way thru. The only thing is mine still runs so I do get to use it.

Like other have said. I think you need to step away from it for a while. Finish it this winter, and you have a great boat for next year.

And there you have it.

Nightlife, I had a 250 Force, it was my first boat.
Loved that boat.
It certainly wasn't the pedigree of an Apache Brave.
It's about the love for the boat.
Maybe he just has a bigger budget for a boat than I (I'm assuming WE) do.
Must be nice - but I'm satisfied with my little 24'. And I don't think I'll ever sell her. Cheap enough to keep her, and just add another to the stable when I need to go larger and have the cash
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

My Apache started out as a great project and boat for me to rebuild, the wife thought I would need something to work on( that was not expensive) over the winter months, but when the boat got home, I decided to make it perfect!!, I went for the hull and interior work first!!, my mistake, when I bought the boat it ran( had motor survey done complete), so I figured everything would be ok with the motors, first mistake. The repairs and resto work to the hull and body, gauges, wiring, and motors added up faster then I thought it would, I used all my own money, no loans!! After it was all done and we go it in the water and I got 2 runs out of the boat, and the motors went it really discuraged me, and made me hate the boat in some ways!! I have enuff into this boat to have a very good running newer boat( or a hell of a down payment), that does not need 2 new motors to be used!!, summer is over, and I spent it working on my boat, not running it. I do not get but 1 day off a week, so my time is limited to how much boating I can do anyway. I should have bought a complete turn key running boat, I love the Apache boat, and I really enjoyed the ride( as short as it was) If I had it to over again I never would have restored the hull and body, I would have done the motors and wiring!!! I will be listing the boat on Ebay tonight, I think someone will get a great classic boat! I guess I got use to newer turn key boats, the last couple of boats I had owned were all newer. I think who ever gets the boat will be very happy, it looks better in person then in pics!!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Bill, do what is right for you and your wife... shoulda, coulda, woulda...opinions are like ass holes everybody has one. Reality is everyone is great at bench spending other peoples cash...you're a smart guy no need to justify it to anyone...
Old 08-20-2008, 06:53 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Rob, I will get up you this week, I need to talk to you! Here is the listing on Ebay, lets see what happens

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:L:LCA:MT:11
Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
Thanks Rob, I will get up you this week, I need to talk to you! Here is the listing on Ebay, lets see what happens

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:L:LCA:MT:11
sure thing, I've been swamped, shaking the tree for long blocks, havent found any if why i havent called....shorty called me last night, I'll ring him back today.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Bill, good luck on the ebay auction.
I hope you get it gone, and into something different and out on to the water.
This thread needs to come to a close...
Old 08-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck man, I really do hope it all works out for you.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

that is a beautiful boat, its a shame the motors went. good luck on the sale.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Bill,

I dont think it is wise to take a loss on your Apache just to buy a more expensive and turn key boat (that still could blow up--you never know).

You know the work on the Apache is done right, you did it yourself. You put alot of sweat equity into the boat that you will not see a dime for in my opinion. The boat is nice and according to many (I have ridden in one) it is a great riding boat and with the right power it is fast.

You should do what feels right for you but the soundest financial and most calculated response to your situation would be, in my opinion, to build a couple of really nice motors, have those drives gone through and then enjoy your boat.

If money isnt a concern then my advice may not be the best but I know many people, including alot of rich people, wouldnt like to take a licking on a boat that they put so much time and money into.

FYI, if I hadnt bought my Pantera, I would try and get that boat off you, build a couple of motors this winter (I think supervising a customs engine build would be cool), and then have a basically brand new 28 Apache that I knew was done right and with motors that I could likely enjoy for years to come.

Whatever you do I hope you are happy and it works out for you.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
Bill,

I dont think it is wise to take a loss on your Apache just to buy a more expensive and turn key boat (that still could blow up--you never know).

You know the work on the Apache is done right, you did it yourself. You put alot of sweat equity into the boat that you will not see a dime for in my opinion. The boat is nice and according to many (I have ridden in one) it is a great riding boat and with the right power it is fast.

You should do what feels right for you but the soundest financial and most calculated response to your situation would be, in my opinion, to build a couple of really nice motors, have those drives gone through and then enjoy your boat.

If money isnt a concern then my advice may not be the best but I know many people, including alot of rich people, wouldnt like to take a licking on a boat that they put so much time and money into.

FYI, if I hadnt bought my Pantera, I would try and get that boat off you, build a couple of motors this winter (I think supervising a customs engine build would be cool), and then have a basically brand new 28 Apache that I knew was done right and with motors that I could likely enjoy for years to come.

Whatever you do I hope you are happy and it works out for you.
When the motor let loose on mine I thought about selling it. In the end, for my specific needs - I didn't think I'd be happy with anything else in the 28ft range. Hell, I hit 50mph in 4ft waves with 5 passengers all standing up comfortably. They were go-fast newbies and wanted to go faster. The only other 28ft proven rough water boat out there that has that kind of cockpit and cabin depth is the 28 AT which, unfortunately for me, is by design a single engine boat. And even if I did buy another boat I would still have a pair of engines with a big ?????. So this little mamma jamma will be getting new paint in the bilge and the engines completely gone thru. No more ????? next year.

Quick Reply: Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.