Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!! >

Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Notices

Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:26 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, if it isjust a time issue, just keep it and get it going w/ as little as it takes. Next winter, do a full rebuild of both engines and drives, and take care of any other rigging.
If its a monetary issue, do the math.
What will it take to do what i just mentioned, plus where you're at, minus what you would've paid for a mint 28, and there is your loss.
Then take what kirk will bid for it as is, and figure your loss.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep it and get to work! You will be proud of it when you get it done.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in the same position right now - sorta.
I have NO intention of selling my boat though.
I just have a long list of things I need to get done, and a small checkbook, as well as a full day planner (I don't actually use one, but you know what I mean). And yeah, my energy level at the end of the day is nil.
I work on it as I have time/money/energy.
Everybody I know is asking me when I'm gonna splash it.
My answer is simple - "When it's ready". I'm sure I won't get everything done that I want done before it sees the water, but I'll know when I'm ready to launch. And everything else that needs done (in my mind) will get done as I have the time/money/energy.
You're boat and my boat are both ones that don't come for sale very often, and go quick when they do. And there is always somebody looking for one of these. The guys in Europe are buying these types of rigs left and right now.
Hold on to it, enjoy it, and finish it as time allows.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tighten up

Ive been watching this restoration take place with all the posts youve been making on the owners forum. Your almost thier. The boat looks sweet and you would be pissed at your self if you didnt see it through the end. Good luck
Old 05-13-2008, 07:23 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took us four years to get ours in the water. I still have a lot of small stuff to do but I can run it !
After all the time and money I spent on it I was getting frustrated and almost sold it a few times.
Last Sunday we finally ran it. After getting up on plane and nailing the throttle you could not wipe the smiles off our faces.
KEEP IT!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:40 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Everyone for the words of support, I still am not sure what to do, but I am still working on it every night when I am done work!!!
Attached Thumbnails Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!!-dsc03958.jpg   Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!!-dsc03960.jpg   Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!!-dsc03962.jpg  

Old 05-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
Thanks Everyone for the words of support, I still am not sure what to do, but I am still working on it every night when I am done work!!!
You're a helluva lot further along than me - if you sell, I owe you a kick in the ballz.

I shall finish the game.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:45 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Please not the balls, I dont want the Apache fourm wiped off the site, I dont have alot of work left, I know!!
Attached Thumbnails Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!!-dsc03961.jpg   Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!!-dsc03965.jpg  
Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I'm in the same position right now - sorta.
I have NO intention of selling my boat though.
I just have a long list of things I need to get done, and a small checkbook, as well as a full day planner (I don't actually use one, but you know what I mean). And yeah, my energy level at the end of the day is nil.
I work on it as I have time/money/energy.
Everybody I know is asking me when I'm gonna splash it.
My answer is simple - "When it's ready". I'm sure I won't get everything done that I want done before it sees the water, but I'll know when I'm ready to launch. And everything else that needs done (in my mind) will get done as I have the time/money/energy.
You're boat and my boat are both ones that don't come for sale very often, and go quick when they do. And there is always somebody looking for one of these. The guys in Europe are buying these types of rigs left and right now.
Hold on to it, enjoy it, and finish it as time allows.
I was in the same position, I knew it was going to take me at least 2 years to do mine(actually took 3+), what I would do when I got that feeling is I would step away for a month, and do something else, like work on the house, or go racing. At the end of that month, I would bum a ride from a friend on a boat, and get myself psyched to get back to work on the boat. The only advice I can give to all is "Take your time, and enjoy the working on the boat as much as when you actually get to use it" I know your seasons are shorter, but that gives ya more time to get her right next winter, if she can be put together enough for this summer, then do it, and finish the major work next winter.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Apache Brave
Please not the balls, I dont want the Apache fourm wiped off the site, I dont have alot of work left, I know!!
Now thats funny...I don't care who you are...

Quick Reply: Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.