Notices

Silver Glen Springs

Old 04-15-2002, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Glen Springs

The APBC will be heading to the glenn on May 10-12 so I thought I would get a heads up on the alcohol deal. Is it still OK to have alcohol in cups with tops and out of sight? Do they still board your boat and check for alcohol? also, have you guys sank any more of the cops boats? I wish I was there for that one. I would have love to see the cops face when he found his new boat sitting on the bottom.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Registered

I go there often and I think if you keep it in a cup and don't draw attention to your boat, you should be ok. I think they patrol more on the holiday weekends then any other. Also watch out because the patrol guys sit in the park and look for drinkers, their not always on boats, good luck

I never saw them board a boat without reason!!!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Nope....gotta have probable cause to board...

We bring drinks and mix them there........NO BEER....the cans or bottles just give it away........never seen anybody busted for Liquor...just beer.......

I'm sure we will be there..........

OH and BTW it illegal to possess achohol for the entire run of the springs.......BUT everyone has it....

let us know when ya go we'll show the "good"spots to moor...
Old 04-15-2002, 06:13 PM
Registered

Holidays are the worst for the patrols.... but Shor is right about no booze on the entire run.. I heardthey even moved the signs otu further and no beaching on the little island at the mouth too.. is that true shore.... We are thinking about paddling up there soon if I don;t get my engine back....
Old 04-15-2002, 06:27 PM
Registered

Cool Silver Glen Springs

Originally posted by NASTY HABIT
Holidays are the worst for the patrols.... but Shor is right about no booze on the entire run.. I heardthey even moved the signs otu further and no beaching on the little island at the mouth too.. is that true shore.... We are thinking about paddling up there soon if I don;t get my engine back....
We saw the the 5.0 broard boats and dump out all sipp-e
cups, (large coffee cups, big gulps) for no apparent reason
and take all beers!!!!!!!!! So we took OUR party to the
lake!! This was last fall.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Now seriuosly...we have been going out there for soemtime now.....and in NO WAY would I recommend staying out on the lake.....even if you want to get stupid drunk....

There were a lot of people that didi this last year and I can tell you TWO very good reasons why you shouldn't...

1....True you can walk out on the spot were people moor up to each other and do ANYTHING you really want.....BUT remember with no control or restrain comes DAMAGED boats and stuff missing.....the cops really don't care what you do out there but what if you need help......You're screwed.....this place is NOT the Glen by any stretch of the imagination......totally missing the point of going.

2....You guys can probably figure this one out on your own......what are the two things that like oped shallow bodies of water.........1....Alligators...beleive it we saw plenty on our little dingy ride out there last year.......all around the banks......2.....The weather will at some point get weird.....now come on this is Florida..it blows up in a second......inside the Glen you have a safe haven from the winds and waves.......Lake George can go from glassy smooth to 4-foot waves in about thirty minutes.......DO YOU want to be in the middle of a drunk party when this happens.....HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!I don't care what kind of weather blows up ...inside the Glen you won't even geta ripple.....

A lot of the locals tried this when they started ticketing people for drinking........and in two years I personally know ONE person that gota HEAVY fine for having a DAMN BEER.......Don't bring beers or bottles and hide your stuff man.....It's easy...if ya want instruction jjts ask......I have several methods that work.....beleive Ole Shore on this....it's possible...and it works.....they look for the "idiots" and obviuosly underage kids drinking.....don't be surprised they are there......

The mouth of the Glen is still considered the Glen....you'll get nailed and they hang out there anyways.....along with the airboaters.......don't want those guys around ya anyways.......nothing like a 85 MPH wind cranking up beside you to piss ya off..........

This year I have only seen them three times and this weekend we spent Saturday and Sunday out there......No problem...but do remember that TWO counties patrol the area......One of which are pricks........couldn't tell ya which but you notice.......

Anyways..last year we all made this "pool" of boats......kinda like a small pond........two houseboats on each end and about 20 or so boats moored side -by-side from one house boat to the other.....everyone backs in so you have a "PRIVATE" playground to do as you may......and beleive me many will.....right in front of ya......and the plus side to this little "pool" we make is that the Police can't get in.....they could but then they would have to get in the water........and that my friends is what they are NOT gonna do...PERIOD....they will not get in the water for nothing....why would they......

Once again the Glen is an absolute riot if you are in the "right " spot.......if don't wanna see the "antics' then there are plenty of other spots to stay........and nobody will bother ya.....
Old 04-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Banned

Where is the best place to launch to go to the Glenn? I would be coming from the Tampa area.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Registered

Well this all depends on how far you wanna boat......we put in at Astor bridge....nice big ramp area and good parking for long trailers........it does fill up on weekend though and you might have to walk a bit..not more than 100 feet further though...

If you put in at Astor you will be looking at a 30 inute or so ride to the Glen......there are Three No Wake Zones that are fairley short though....and then across the lake heading out of the Wier and head about to what would be a 10 O'clock direction and folow the boats.......real easy to find espcially when there are boats out........seems everyone you meet will be going there eventually.

That's the closest ramp we now of to get there.......
Old 04-15-2002, 10:24 PM
Banned

Shore, is that off 17?
Old 04-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Registered

SR 40 crosses the St Johns in Astor the ramp is just south of the bridge on the west side of the river turn at Blackwater Inn , I think there are actually 2 ramps right there... we always put in in Deland S R 44 abotu a 50 min cruise to the Glen from there... also a Ramp at Salt Springs . never launched there ,it si north of the Glen on Lk George...

GATORS ?? I sat for a week in Houseboat there at the mouth of the run last year ... didn't get bitten once...
they are tasty though.....just out of the mouth the water si too brackish anyhow.... well maybe not brackish... but just ole brown pond water....
Attached Thumbnails Silver Glen Springs-glen.jpg  

Quick Reply: Silver Glen Springs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.