What's Everyone Using For Wax? >

What's Everyone Using For Wax?

Notices

What's Everyone Using For Wax?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Waxing Frenzy for last couple yrs. Switched over to Leverage last fall to give it a try. Both great results and easy to use.
Which one to you like best and why? I use Frenzy and was thinking about leverage as I am almost out.

Thanks.

MM
Old 05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Which one to you like best and why? I use Frenzy and was thinking about leverage as I am almost out.

Thanks.

MM
Tough call.
My transom gets the dreaded exhaust build up easily. Frenzy would keep the transom clean for a good couple months before it didn't look as clean after washing. Late last summer I tried Leverage. The time to dirty looking transom was consideably less. But on the sides and top, both products seem to work about the same as far as shine and slickness. Leverage is so easy to apply, I'm using it on those 2 areas. I'm not sold on the 1 time a yr application of any product, but again, the ease of Leverage makes this a non issue. The 20 min to do mine with Leverage, I'll hit it a couple times this summer.

I read/hear about petrolium distilates, silicone and carnuba not being good for gel and Leverage containing neither, I look forward to using it this yr. (Last yr I started with Frenzy, then swapped in late summer)

You have to get over the rub it on with a pad concept like your traditional wax, or even Frenzy. Leverage is like windex, comes in a spray bottle. The hardest part is seeing where you been while appling. No color or drying wax film to go by.
Give it a try, you'll like it.

I gave mine a coat last week in prep for the summer, then threw the full cover back on. It slide back off.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 05-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

Tough call.
My transom gets the dreaded exhaust build up easily. Frenzy would keep the transom clean for a good couple months before it didn't look as clean after washing. Late last summer I tried Leverage. The time to dirty looking transom was consideably less. But on the sides and top, both products seem to work about the same as far as shine and slickness. Leverage is so easy to apply, I'm using it on those 2 areas. I'm not sold on the 1 time a yr application of any product, but again, the ease of Leverage makes this a non issue. The 20 min to do mine with Leverage, I'll hit it a couple times this summer.

I read/hear about petrolium distilates, silicone and carnuba not being good for gel and Leverage containing neither, I look forward to using it this yr. (Last yr I started with Frenzy, then swapped in late summer)

You have to get over the rub it on with a pad concept like your traditional wax, or even Frenzy. Leverage is like windex, comes in a spray bottle. The hardest part is seeing where you been while appling. No color or drying wax film to go by.

I gave mine a coat last week in prep for the summer, then threw the full cover back on. It slide back off.
Thanks!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

use leverage. applied last year, salt water and fresh water. as everyone pulled thier boat out of havasu, they washed, i rinsed and towel dried. best stuff on the planet i have ever used
Old 05-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I applied a very popular polish to a section of my white gel after using a compound to remove all oxidation. I noticed a haze over the finish. I them applied Gel Gloss to a small spot in the middle and could see a night and day difference in depth of shine. Imagine cleaning a spot on the inside of a smokers car windshield that hasn't been cleaned in a couple years. This stuff works!

I have no interest in this company (www.gel-gloss.com). I do not have any idea how long the finish will last. I just know it has the deepest shine of any product I have tried.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Leverage for me! Works great and lasts.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I use 3m ultra performance wax. Great shine, lasts the best of anything I have used, easy on and off.
The spray on application of Leverage sounds attractive if it shines and lasts as well.
I will say I don't believe any one product is right for every boat finish or enviroment.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Tough call.

I was a big Frenzy user for years..with great results..I felt their product was very good and never had a problem with it.. As time went on their service went by the way side and I got fraustrated...this was good cause I tried the Leverage from Donnie..Leverage is as good as far as the shine goes..last a little longer and feels slightly slipperier..Does it last a year..I can't tell you..I wax once a month. The service is excellent, and when you call the guy he anwsers his phone, it doesn't get any better than this. The other thing I like about the company is he offers other products like...interior cleaner and conditioner..which is by far better than the Frenzy and better than the Bio-Kleen products..actually the interior cleaner is the best I've ever used...The metal cleaner for my trailer was not strong enough for what I was trying to achieve..so Donny hooked me up with more of a commercial type product and then I followed up with his metal polish...Are their better wax's...don't really know...Iv'e tried many...and will continue to try others here and there..but at the moment Im very pleased with Leverage.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

How is Leverages UV protection?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
How is Leverages UV protection?
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been so covered I can't keep up with everything. I'm at 420+ feet of boats through yesterday so far this week. Last week we beat the record at 523 feet.

The UV Protection will lasts as long as the Polish. If it's slick and shiny the protection is there.

Donnie

Quick Reply: What's Everyone Using For Wax?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.