Best mid cabin boat for the money >

Best mid cabin boat for the money

Notices

Best mid cabin boat for the money

Old 05-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
We've been kicking around the idea of building a 33 Active Thunder with a MCOB as well. They definately do have some nice layouts; and done correctly can look very sharp.

I don't know if anything will be as cool as the Sunseeker XS2000 though!
Had this been done three years ago I would have drank the kool-aid.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Greg's Envision is a nice boat, and I should know (I have spent a couple hundred hours in it the last few years).

I have also hooked up with a local Advantage dealer here in the Nashville area. They are a fairly new dealer and want to move some boats. They will give you the best deal on an Advantage. Of course, they are available with Young Performance engines, or your choice of power. Let me know if you are interested and would like a quote on an Advantage. They have numerous standard features that are options in other boats. They have been doing a mid cabin for quite a while and do a very good job of it. It is offered in 25', 27', 28', and 32', among other sizes.. Let me know if I can help, Eddie.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
We've been kicking around the idea of building a 33 Active Thunder with a MCOB as well. They definately do have some nice layouts; and done correctly can look very sharp.

I don't know if anything will be as cool as the Sunseeker XS2000 though!
An AT MCOB would be cool.Maybe they can design it with a hard cover for the bow as an option for when you want to run real hard
Old 05-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

A removable open bow hard cover would be a nice option.

I like the sunsation mid-cabin. I've been in a 26 er 25 (can't remember) nordic mid-cabin and I was not impressed.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

On MCOB boats from Sunsation the cockpits are identical to a closed bow boat. The performance differences are negligable. The Velocity MCOB that was at the Miami show last year looked like it was done in someone's garage with a sawsall after a 12 pack! I wouldn't want a hard cover for the open bow area in the event it came loose at speed it would potentially decapitate the driver/passenger.

I have a Sunsation 32 MCOB that runs in the low 70's with 6.2's and has been a very versatile boat.

This is my actual boat:
http://sunsationboats.com/articles/hotboat0304.pdf
Old 05-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
On MCOB boats from Sunsation the cockpits are identical to a closed bow boat. The performance differences are negligable. The Velocity MCOB that was at the Miami show last year looked like it was done in someone's garage with a sawsall after a 12 pack! I wouldn't want a hard cover for the open bow area in the event it came loose at speed it would potentially decapitate the driver/passenger.

I have a Sunsation 32 MCOB that runs in the low 70's with 6.2's and has been a very versatile boat.

This is my actual boat:
http://sunsationboats.com/articles/hotboat0304.pdf
Never thought about that but i'm sure there would be a way to ensure that it will stay down. But accidents do happen.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:55 PM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Brand new "leftover" 07' Velocity 290 Midcabin sitting on the lot here. It's time for it to go. So you can buy it right. I've got the details for you at:
705 487 7575
Peter
Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned a closed bow 28' Nordic Heat and I currently own a 32' Sunsation Dominator. If it were me I would go with a Sunsation hands down. Attention to detail is great, customer service is second to none, resale is good, and the Sunsation is a better rought water boat. Just for clarification, I am comparing the rough water abiltiy of the 28 Sunny vs the Nordic not the 32'.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The apache that was converted to a bow rider- mid cabin is the coolest one. There is a picture on OSO somewhere
Old 05-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
The apache that was converted to a bow rider- mid cabin is the coolest one. There is a picture on OSO somewhere
There is a 47 Fountain MCOB also. It is listed for sale in WPB, FL and is named Sandblaster.

Quick Reply: Best mid cabin boat for the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.