Best mid cabin boat for the money >

Best mid cabin boat for the money

Notices

Best mid cabin boat for the money

Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best mid cabin boat for the money

I purchased a 25 Nordic mid cabin a couple of years ago and I love the concept and the boat. I am considering buying a larger one (28-30ft). But boating in KY, we do not have much exposure to the mid cabin line and I was wondering what "yall" think is the best 28-30 ft mid cabin for the money? Thanks for your responses.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Nordic heat hands down. Go to unlimited marine and look at one. They are huge and look great
Old 05-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now we're talkin'! Sunsation and Advantage make nice mid-cabin models in this size. I've looked at them all and settled on Envision (manufactured in Monmouth, IL), www.envisionboats.com. We had a 29' mid-cabin that was a great rough water boat. I'd probably still have it if it had twin small blocks in it, but we opted for the extended cockpit instead. We liked the 29 so much we bought a 32. You can go to the factory and tell them what you want and they'll build it for you.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

I'm somewhat biased, but Sunsation really does make a really nice MCOB. I have a 32SS MCOB, and I just personally don't think anything measures up. The attention to detail and ESPECIALLY the customer service, is second to none!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

be nice to have a mid cabin with doors on both ends,(mosquitos) seems alot of the west coast stuff is open towards the cockpit.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Nordic heat hands down. Go to unlimited marine and look at one. They are huge and look great
I'm biased...my 2002 Heat mid-cabin has been an incredible boat. Best boat I've ever owned. Nordic also makes the 35 Flame in a mid-cabin. BobL in the Nordic section has one. I"ve seen that boat in-person. Fantastic.

My #2 choice is the Sunsation 32SS MCOB. Looks like an awesome craft. Owners rave about them (as evidenced above).

I2D
Old 05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Different mid-cabins for different reasons. The Sunsation and Nordic will be faster with the same power. Envision is very family oriented. The cockpit and bow area are very deep compared to other mid cabins. Something to consider if you have kids in the bow when you're running as higher speeds. I'm about 6'-1" and can sit upright in the cabin. It just depends on what your needs are.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

MCOB are very interesting to me as well. I often think on will be my next too. It seems they are a good fit for the day boating that i do now.

Is the cockpit of a MCOB the same cockpit size as a similar closed bow - i.e. they are not shrinking the cockpit on a MCOB and just putting the room on the open bow? I want the MCOB cockpit to be the same size as the closed box version.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

Also, has any one had any experience with the 29 Velocity MCOB? I have never been in one but they seem to have real decent value.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

We've been kicking around the idea of building a 33 Active Thunder with a MCOB as well. They definately do have some nice layouts; and done correctly can look very sharp.

I don't know if anything will be as cool as the Sunseeker XS2000 though!

Quick Reply: Best mid cabin boat for the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.