Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
just lost both our cars in a flash flood >

just lost both our cars in a flash flood

Notices

just lost both our cars in a flash flood

Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes sorry to hear that.......my grandmother lives in mandiville la and she flooded last night too ........... 3rd time since katrina too!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

where are you moving to? sorry about your cars ,whish you luck!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear that Eric. If it's not fires, it's a flood. This weather is screwed up.

Tom
Old 05-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CIGARETTE 1972
just got internet back ,car is still under . that altima was a good car. bought it from reed estarbrook on here..

this is f'd up. took some pics ,need to find the dam cable to download them , box somewhere.

bayou, i'm at cypress lakes accross from state police..

jeff, full insurance on the altima..

what's a 96 accord worth vs full coverage cost today..kinda was my thinking ,we dropped that years ago since it had over 160k miles.
yeah , got a sale (lucky?) .. (entergy relo) , ...thanks for the words...

now i know how it feels when i watch the news and see people flash flooded like this. always terrible seeing it on tv.

happened so quick..never think it can happen to you..

bouy- took a nice hit on manday , backing the trailer to air truck tires i just deceided to back it into the shop , dam door was down just enough to break off the dam plastic roof vent.

note to everyone - it's a bitc h to change!!!!!

today i hit a daily double

majic , i was going to call you friday ,looked like weather was going to be right .. and thanks again for the hospitality..true gentleman..
Dude...sorry for the mess there....you can negotiate what the ins. co. estimates a cars worth at...they want to pay as little as possible...if they hit you low...make another offer...and right now you cant replace it that easily because alot of people buying these for 3rd cars because of gas prices...
Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that really sucks. I feel for ya. I thought we were going to get in a bind at the Tickfaw yesterday too but it let up just in time. However, another round just passed through Denham Springs this morning headed that way so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Wow that's bad luck, I can relate unfortunately. Tropical storm Allison dumped over 20" of rain on Houston in June of 01. Flooded my just remodeled house 6", my truck up to the dash and my business was almost destroyed by flowing flood waters 4' deep. Only bright spot was that I had just got done putting 3 new on-demand bilge pumps in my 29 Stryker, they were able to keep up with the water coming in the drain plug. My jet boat interior was ruined as it had manual bilge pump control.

I had a half full barrel of waste oil in the shop at my business where the boats were stored, you can imagine what everything looked like after that flipped over.

No flood insurance as I was not at that time in the "flood plain" now it is considered "100 year flood plain"

Hope all your other stuff is OK
Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CIGARETTE 1972
just got internet back ,car is still under . that altima was a good car. bought it from reed estarbrook on here..

this is f'd up. took some pics ,need to find the dam cable to download them , box somewhere.

bayou, i'm at cypress lakes accross from state police..

jeff, full insurance on the altima..

what's a 96 accord worth vs full coverage cost today..kinda was my thinking ,we dropped that years ago since it had over 160k miles.
yeah , got a sale (lucky?) .. (entergy relo) , ...thanks for the words...

now i know how it feels when i watch the news and see people flash flooded like this. always terrible seeing it on tv.

happened so quick..never think it can happen to you..

bouy- took a nice hit on manday , backing the trailer to air truck tires i just deceided to back it into the shop , dam door was down just enough to break off the dam plastic roof vent.

note to everyone - it's a bitc h to change!!!!!

today i hit a daily double

majic , i was going to call you friday ,looked like weather was going to be right .. and thanks again for the hospitality..true gentleman..
Cypress Is bad for flooding. I had an employee that lived there and everytime it rained she would call in. Good luck with everything.If i can do anything let me know.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

does this qualify me as the new "gino's world" but on a smaller scale???

took video and talked with the office mgt. , said that this is the worst it has ever been and are going to work with us ..

i had used a example of being in a building that i did not know ,and a fire broke out and no fire escape notices posted to show me the way out..

they do have signs that said "area may flood" so it has had water in the past.

when we signed the agreement , nothing was said about flooding, or a map of the property showing " may flood areas"..

how was i/we to know? if the sign said "water can reach xxxx feet" in a heavy rain...park vehicle at another location then i would have parked a 1/2 mile from here if i had too...

at least the company here is going to step up , we will still be on the short end...

Last edited by open87; 05-15-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

thank all of you for the calls today...it's appreciated....
Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Eric, that just sucks. Congrats on the sale of the house.

Quick Reply: just lost both our cars in a flash flood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.