Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) >

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Notices

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Old 06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope we won't see any of this!
FT. Myers at 4:05 PM
Attached Thumbnails OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)-img_0183.jpg  
Old 06-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terry -
I packed an extra set of swimmies just in case!
See you tomorrow,
H
Old 06-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish all of you the best, have a fun and safe run. I will be in Key West on Friday so if you are still there maybe lets get together Aaron.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by THUNDER-STRUCK
I wish all of you the best, have a fun and safe run. I will be in Key West on Friday so if you are still there maybe lets get together Aaron.
Aaron. We may see you Friday. I am planning on staying a day or so to recover after we get back. Call my cell when you get in. Probly staying at the Hyatt.
Bob
Old 06-10-2008, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jmeng
What time are you expecting to get to Cancun? What marina are you heading to? We'll be flying in mid day Wednsday, not sure if we'll be able to make it there to see you when you come in or not.
Assuming 7 AM EST departure we should arrive 6 hrs later say 1 PM EST time. Their time will be 11AM as we gain 2 hrs going west. We will go to the Playa Linda Pier as there is Pemex fuel and Customs. I expect we will be there awhile as cruising guide says to allow a half day to clear customs. I have a lot of the forms already made out so we may set a record for time clearing Customs as well I hope.
I will then go under the bridge to the lagoon side and check out Carlos and Charlie Marina on the Lagoon side and see if they can accommodate us. Not sure which hotel we are staying at yet but will post here once we know. Please look us up.
Bob
Old 06-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Be careful on the lagoon side. It was pretty shallow in most places. Good luck Bob.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Good Luck guys...be safe and smoke that record...
Old 06-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Assuming 7 AM EST departure we should arrive 6 hrs later say 1 PM EST time. Their time will be 11AM as we gain 2 hrs going west. We will go to the Playa Linda Pier as there is Pemex fuel and Customs. I expect we will be there awhile as cruising guide says to allow a half day to clear customs. I have a lot of the forms already made out so we may set a record for time clearing Customs as well I hope.
I will then go under the bridge to the lagoon side and check out Carlos and Charlie Marina on the Lagoon side and see if they can accommodate us. Not sure which hotel we are staying at yet but will post here once we know. Please look us up.
Bob

I'll give it a shot man. Our resort is about a 45 minute shuttle ride south of Cancun. Maybe once we get settled in to the resort I can talk the future wife into heading back into town. Will check in on OSO once we get to the hotel.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Gulf this morning. Forecast looks good for the rest of the week.
I have no illusions tho that 300 miles out going into the Yucatan Straits it will be like this. We will see.... and hope for the best.
Happy Birthday to my daughter Chrisy today !!
Bob

Not much more time for posting today. Lots to do before leaving for Key West.
Attached Thumbnails OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)-marco-001-%5B1280x768%5D.jpg  
Old 06-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck. May the sun be with you.

Quick Reply: OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.