Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) >

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Notices

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Old 06-18-2008, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,
If I'm picturing your fall correctly I would fear a rotator cuff tear and judging by the mechanism of injury I would say it is your Supraspinatus muscle but only a MRI or Arthrogram will tell. Don't let them give you a shot of Cortisone, it will make you feel great but if it is torn you will only do more damage because you can't feel the pain. Pain is a good thing, it lets our bodies know we have something wrong.
I'm no Doctor, but I do play one
Old 06-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
. Soon I will be coming up on middle age ! LOL

Bob
Dammmm, I guess that means I'm still just a teenager huh Bob?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I did a shoulder a few summers ago and its a real Biotchhh to recover from because you always end up using the bad arm for something you shouldn't.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Bob,
If I'm picturing your fall correctly I would fear a rotator cuff tear and judging by the mechanism of injury I would say it is your Supraspinatus muscle but only a MRI or Arthrogram will tell. Don't let them give you a shot of Cortisone, it will make you feel great but if it is torn you will only do more damage because you can't feel the pain. Pain is a good thing, it lets our bodies know we have something wrong.
I'm no Doctor, but I do play one
I have a flight home getting in Toronto just before midnight tonight. With the CAN health care system, I would have to wait for a month or more for an MRI. On the rare occasion where I have had a health issue I have gone to Cleveland. I had business in Sarasota today and you have helped me get my priorities straight. I will go get this checked this morning in Naples. Sarasota can wait. I took the mummy wrap off yesterday and have been trying to carefully use the arm and it's killing me.
Thanks and will let you know what they say.
Bob
Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a flight home getting in Toronto just before midnight tonight. With the CAN health care system, I would have to wait for a month or more for an MRI. On the rare occasion where I have had a health issue I have gone to Cleveland. Bob
That can't be right. Obama and Hillary want our health care system to match Canada's. They can't both be wrong.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 AM

I have a flight home getting in Toronto just before midnight tonight. With the CAN health care system, I would have to wait for a month or more for an MRI. On the rare occasion where I have had a health issue I have gone to Cleveland. I had business in Sarasota today and you have helped me get my priorities straight. I will go get this checked this morning in Naples. Sarasota can wait. I took the mummy wrap off yesterday and have been trying to carefully use the arm and it's killing me.
Thanks and will let you know what they say.
Bob
Ice on 20 min. ice off 20 min. keep doing it. Also take it out of the wrap/sling and exercise/stretch it slowly. You want to keep your range of motion. Lean forward and let your arm hang down and rotate it slowly like a pendulum. Another good one is to face the wall and let your fingers walk up the wall like a spider, go as high as the pain will let you.
I'm not sure how it is in Canada but if it is torn make sure they do arthroscopic surgery and not open surgery...less painful and recover time is a lot quicker.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Bob's medical report LOL

Ok, I'm back on Marco. The hospital in Naples has referred me to an orthopaedic surgeon for what most likely is a torn rotator cuff. ( good call, John ! ) All they did there was an x ray to make sure no damage to the bones and prescribed meds for pain and inflammation. Also put my arm in a sling and an anti tetanus shot because of the cuts and scrapes. When I called the surgeon and told him I needed an MRI in time to catch a flight home tonight he just laughed.
I think I will catch my flight at 7 pm and if they cannot deal with it in a timely way at home, then I will either fly to Cleveland Clinic or back here when they can see me. The main thing is I am now more comfortable and will figure out where I go from here.
Bob
Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Mexican thieves

When we got back I noticed that I was missing one of my credit cards. Thought that it maybe just found it's way into another bag which sometimes happens and was not overly concerned. Well after not finding it I thought the smart thing to do was to call my banker and get it canceled. They informed me there is a $3,500.00 charge the day after we left. I will not be held responsible.
Bob
Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ratickle
That can't be right. Obama and Hillary want our health care system to match Canada's. They can't both be wrong.
I had a friend that had to wait so long for an MRI and surgery that the damage could not be repaired. I will not allow that to happen to me.
Bob
Old 06-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Bob, you have your very own offshore record. Not many people can say that. Take care of your shoulder, my dad swears by the Cleveland Clinic and he's a doctor. Ian
Old 06-18-2008, 12:51 PM

Bob, call me if you have any questions. I have a quite a bit of experience with this. Both treating and experiencing

Quick Reply: OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.