Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) >

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Notices

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Old 06-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
When we got back I noticed that I was missing one of my credit cards. Thought that it maybe just found it's way into another bag which sometimes happens and was not overly concerned. Well after not finding it I thought the smart thing to do was to call my banker and get it canceled. They informed me there is a $3,500.00 charge the day after we left. I will not be held responsible.
Bob

Sorry Bob but I just couldn't pass up the deal on that new Mexican built VW Beetle. My cards were maxed out. I was going to pay you back.
TS
Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Sorry Bob but I just couldn't pass up the deal on that new Mexican built VW Beetle. My cards were maxed out. I was going to pay you back.
TS
I can see you in one
Old 06-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I got all nostalgic when I saw them there.

BTW since I just can't enough. I'm boating back to KW from Ft. Myers tomorrow for my "25th" birthday. After the 1035 miles in the last week it will seem like a walk in the park.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Have a great bday, Terry!

Maybe NT should just go ahead and get a slip at the marina down there...

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Yes, back to Marco in record time as well. LOL Over 500 miles today. We took a break in Key West and came another 100 miles here. I want to sleep in my own bed tonight. It was a blast even tho there was a lot of tough going today again. Huge rollers and we were constantly changing the setup to keep the boat happy and then wham, a big un would hit us and we would drop down into a big hole. Over 8 hrs of that. Terry drove 80% of the time and did a great job of it. I had a fall when getting off the boat at Isla Mujures yesterday morning before we made that attempt. We had to turn back because of even bigger seas which we might have tackled had it not been for my injuries. I fell between the dock and the boat and would have been better to just fall in the water. My natural instincts kicked in tho and I grabbed the boat with my right arm and the dock with my left. I have torn ligaments and/or muscles in my right shoulder, cuts and scrapes to my right ankle, tore a nail of a toe on my left foot and banged up my left knee enough to have me limping along. When we came back in yesterday I decided best to see a doc at the Navy Hospital in Isla Mujures. Too funny. I will post pics when I eventually get time. No one spoke English and I do not speak Spanish. I had the lady doctor and nurse laughing so much. The bill was $27.00 and they worked on me for an hour including a shot which I told them was probably heroin and a wrap around my entire upper body to completely immobilize my throttle arm.
Would I do a project like this again ? You bet. In a heartbeat. But I think I will have a little recovery time first.
I will post more in the days ahead as I have time but for now, I think I will get some rest.
Thank you all who followed us along.
Bob
Sorry to hear about yer fall, and injuries, your right it is natural instinct to grab the boat, and Dock. I did the same thing first time I took the Pantera out, but of course i had a few drinks, and it is a little different being sandwiched by a 50 footer.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Thank you donors to Jennifur's Trust !!

Additional donations have come in for our fund raiser for Jennifur and I would like to acknowledge and thank the following donors to " The Jennfur Molter Trust":

OSO Jassman
OSO Wobble
OSO mikebrls
OSO kenvik01
OSO Offshoredrillin
OSO THUNDERSTRUCK
OSO txriverrat2001
OSO Chasin the Deal
OSO bobthebuilder
OSO rockstrmkr
OSO cloke
also:
Mark Adams - Marine Management, Ft Lauderdale
Paul Huck, Kitchener, ON

If your name is not on the list and you feel your donation should be in our hands by now please PM me. We do not want to inadvertantly overlook anyone. I do know there are several more donations on their way and will be acknowledged once received.

Again, thank you!!

Bob
Old 06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default a few pics

I do not have a lot of pics to share but here are a few.

1) the five of us out for dinner after arriving in Cancun

2) the 3 amigos out for our pre game meal prior to return trip.

3) Terry / Pierre / Bob prior to leaving Puerto Juarez for Isla Mujeres checkout Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)-dscn0076.jpg   OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)-dscn0119.jpg   OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)-dscn0127.jpg  

Old 06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Updated Donors List

Additional donations have come in for our fund raiser for Jennifur and I would like to acknowledge and thank the following donors to " The Jennfur Molter Trust":

OSO Jassman
OSO Wobble
OSO mikebrls
OSO kenvik01
OSO Offshoredrillin
OSO THUNDERSTRUCK
OSO txriverrat2001
OSO Chasin the Deal
OSO bobthebuilder
OSO rockstrmkr
OSO cloke
OSO DoubleR Performance, Raymond and Eddie

also:
Mark Adams - Marine Management, Ft Lauderdale
Paul Huck, Kitchener, ON
Loose Cannon - Joe Spina
Sally & Michael Plum ( friends of Joe S. )

If your name is not on the list and you feel your donation should be in our hands by now please PM me. We do not want to inadvertantly overlook anyone. I do know there are several more donations on their way and will be acknowledged once received.

Again, thank you!!

Bob
Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Nuther story - Kevin's long way home !

When we saw it would be a few days or more before the weather would allow our return trip to Key West, a decision was made to fly back to the US. Four of us flew to Florida and Kevin purchased air tickets to get him back to LA. He bought Cancun – Mexico City – LA, non refundable. Kevin brought a birth certificate only, which was fine if he was travelling by boat, which of coarse was the plan. They allowed him to board the Cancun to Mexico City portion of the flight but with no passport, he could not board his flight to LA. He then asks “ Well just how do I get back to the US then? “ The answer was – purchase a new ticket to Tijuana and walk across the border. So Kevin does that, walks out the Tijuana airport, jumps in a taxi only to be told that the taxi’s are not allowed within one mile of the border checkpoint. Kevin walks that mile, suitcase and laptop computer in hand, at 1:30 in the morning. Don’t know about you, but that sounds scarier to me than crossing the Yucatan Straits ! He had a ride there waiting for him and arrived home safely at 3:30 AM.
Way to go Kevin !!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Several people have e mailed a PM'd me wondering how the shoulder is. In short, not good at all. I went to Cleveland last week for the MRI and saw an orthopedic surgeon. The rotator cuff is majorly torn and the upper part of the bicept muscle that goes over the shoulder has been pulled down in front.
I am scheduled for surgery this Wed. the 2nd to have everthing put back where it belongs. This is really gonna cramp my boating style for awhile, but did not stop me from getting out on the water this weekend.
Bob

Quick Reply: OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.