Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) >

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Notices

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Old 05-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck Bob...we'll be watching from the Texas Coast.

Curtis
Old 05-20-2008, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cig1988
Bob
As much as I would like to stay, anything longer would turn me into a homeless beach bum. Got to get back into reality for the the states this afternoon. Leaving the hotel by noon. If ya need me to check on anything for ya holler. I'll check here again around 11am.
Thanks. We would not want you turning into a beach bum ! LOL
Maybe ask at your hotel if they have an English speaking person we can contact at the local tourist beaureu. We have not been able to make a contact so far.
Bob
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cubanboss
Good Luck Bob...we'll be watching from the Texas Coast.

Curtis
Hey Curtis. I sent your dad the scoop on this last night. Call if you ever get back our way. You will need a good set of binocs from there. LOL
Bob
Old 05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Thanks. We would not want you turning into a beach bum ! LOL
Maybe ask at your hotel if they have an English speaking person we can contact at the local tourist beaureu. We have not been able to make a contact so far.
Bob
Bob
We're staying at the Sun Palace which is on the south end of the Hotel strip. Palace resorts has three directly on the strip. Cancun Palace is in the middle and Beach Palace is in the middle of Cancun. Moon Palace is further south about 40 minutes of Beach Palace. Good thing about Palace resorts is that you are able to eat and drink inclusive
Not sure if you have accomodations for a room and the boat but Sun Palace has a small marina accross the street in the lagoon but not certain if you are able to dock there but be carefull in the lagoon...its shallow!
Everyone at Palace resorts speaks english pretty decent. I just tried calling public relations but she is busy. The phone number for SP is (998) 891-41-00. I will speak with the PR girl on the way out and obtain some info.
If you would like, my wife speaks spanish very well and would be able to do some foot work for you.

Stan

Last edited by cig1988; 05-20-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BTY..Dreams do come true in Cancun. Our travel agent just called to inform us our flight was cancelled.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cig1988
Bob
We're staying at the Sun Palace which is on the south end of the Hotel strip. Palace resorts has three directly on the strip. Cancun Palace is in the middle and Beach Palace is in the middle of Cancun. Moon Palace is further south about 40 minutes of Beach Palace. Good thing about Palace resorts is that you are able to eat and drink inclusive
Not sure if you have accomodations for a room and the boat but Sun Palace has a small marina accross the street in the lagoon but not certain if you are able to dock there but be carefull in the lagoon...its shallow!
Everyone at Palace resorts speaks english pretty decent. I just tried calling public relations but she is busy. The phone number for SP is (998) 891-41-00. I will speak with the PR girl on the way out and obtain some info.
If you would like, my wife speaks spanish very well and would be able to do some foot work for you.

Stan
Not to hijack the thread but how do you like the Palace resorts? Getting married at Aventura Palace in a few weeks. It's the one about 45 minutes south of Cancun.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Just a bit of an update. We are pretty well ready with all supplies etc. for the boat.
I have told the crew to enjoy their Memorial Day weekend. The NOAA marine forecast into early next week does not look favorable for crossing the Gulf. 4 to 6 ftrs. would not normally stop me but this is different. Departure mid next week at the earliest by the look of it. We will continue to watch and keep everyone informed.
Bob

http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=gmz075
Old 05-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

Good luck!

Prayers for good water and safe trip!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Just a bit of an update. We are pretty well ready with all supplies etc. for the boat.
I have told the crew to enjoy their Memorial Day weekend. The NOAA marine forecast into early next week does not look favorable for crossing the Gulf. 4 to 6 ftrs. would not normally stop me but this is different. Departure mid next week at the earliest by the look of it. We will continue to watch and keep everyone informed.
Bob

http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=gmz075
Bob, Sorry about the weather however I am sure it will all work out. Are you still in Marco? I will get in late Fri. and will give you a call this weekend. Talk soon. Phil
Old 05-22-2008, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CHASIN THE DEAL
Bob, Sorry about the weather however I am sure it will all work out. Are you still in Marco? I will get in late Fri. and will give you a call this weekend. Talk soon. Phil
Yes, we just need to be patient I guess. I really want to get this behind me and get on with the rest of my life! It has been a much bigger undertaking than I ever imagined.

I am on Marco now but may slip down to Key West tomorrow for a couple of days. I would like to put a bit more time on the boat and check some things out. Call and it may work out to see you before you leave.
Bob

Quick Reply: OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.