Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This? >

Simply Amazing! Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?

Notices

Simply Amazing! Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, been by there a few time, never stopped for the picture though....the line there is usually my deterrent.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The funny thing is that the marker isn't the southermost point in the US, despite what's written on it. The fort is further south. There's also a private key even further south.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 05-16-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what the funny part is, my family had a house on the water in Key Largo for I don't know how many years. Used to go down there all the time and lived in South FL my whole life of 26 years lol...but I've only been to Key West once and that was when I was way younger.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Nice picture. Thats really sweet that you took your daughter to Key West!
My daughter got a chuckle out of that.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
At least Baja was smart enough to stand to the side so you could read the marker

Been there about 10 times, but can't say that I ever had the urge to take a picture.
No problem I got those pictures too but please do not call him smart he will get the BIG HEAD!
Attached Thumbnails Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-dsc02823.jpg   Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-dsc02825.jpg  
Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered

Dock, how come you look so sober in those pictures? Your in Key West for gods sake!

I was by myself walking off a screaming hangover knowing Id have to be the one to drive back to Ft Myers that day. Jason didnt get up for at least a couple hours after that pic was taken!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered

That was my first and only time in Key West and I took a total of 3 pictures! Here are the other 2!
Attached Thumbnails Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-dsc00128-medium-.jpg   Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-dsc00126-medium-.jpg  
Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM

my wifes first stop was there and then we went to see the sunset at La Couch Hotel on the roof. Now we stay there every year for the Boat Races..
Attached Thumbnails Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-key-west-sunset-2.jpg  
Old 05-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Give the guy a break. We Ohioans are easily fascinated- we don't have stuff like that here.
where you from in ohio Chris....I closed a loan in Somerset for a guy from cincinatti today....
Old 05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The funny thing is that the marker isn't the southermost point in the US, despite what's written on it. The fort is further south. There's also a private key even further south.
The real southernmost point is on the navy base, the private key ,is ballast key owned by david wakowski, you can see it at ballastkey.com. it used to be a u.s. navy bombing range. that marker has been moved at least three times,(traffic problems)

Quick Reply: Simply Amazing! Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.