Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Don Aronow Memorial Race final countdown. >

Don Aronow Memorial Race final countdown.

Notices

Don Aronow Memorial Race final countdown.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Reggie has been invited to come kill some cats. I think you'll see a Fountain or two doing this run. Hopefully an Outerlimits too.
I didnt realize that but this can be better than I would've imagined.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what United We Race is all about. Actually racing together at a single venue with multiple organizations. We are walking the walk, rather than just talking the talk.

OSS, HORBA, FBC and APBA Super Lite Tunnels plus a reunion of your childhood heroes. How could it possible get better than this? Oh and if any P-Class boats would like to race on Sunday too, we'll bring in POPRA for them. Send me a PM if your interest in P-Class racing in Sunny Isles Beach.

UNITED WE RACE - In Sunny Isles Beach - BE THERE! June 19 - 22, 2008. History will be made.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana

HORBA has added another class just for turbine boats.

That means the gasoline powered cats and vees will not have to compete directly against the turbine boats
.[/I][/B]

too funny
Old 05-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
too funny
Need one more class to be added. "bring your own oars"
Old 05-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
This is what United We Race is all about. Actually racing together at a single venue with multiple organizations. We are walking the walk, rather than just talking the talk.

OSS, HORBA, FBC and APBA Super Lite Tunnels plus a reunion of your childhood heroes. How could it possible get better than this? Oh and if any P-Class boats would like to race on Sunday too, we'll bring in POPRA for them. Send me a PM if your interest in P-Class racing in Sunny Isles Beach.

UNITED WE RACE - In Sunny Isles Beach - BE THERE! June 19 - 22, 2008. History will be made.
As you all know, HORBA is a relativley new organization. We are a non-profit that has as it's sole purpose, to educate the public about the history of offshore racing and to find as many of the old race boats as possible before they are destroyed.

Through a series of circumstances earlier this year, we found ourselves in the position to do a race like this. We could not have even attempted something like this, if it were not for the assistance from organizations like OSS. They have helped us over the rough spots and offered positive encouragement to Brad, Larry and myself along the way.

May this race be the first step in uniting all race organizations in the future into one unified body with many different classes and groups.

We all dearly love this sport. Let's leave the egos behind and become in reality....United We Race.