Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache's available with stepped bottom? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187053-apaches-available-stepped-bottom.html)

kgshooty 05-19-2008 08:42 PM

Apache's available with stepped bottom?

Have seen alot of the videos here with Apache's, They look pretty solid in rough water, are they all straight bottoms, or can you get them with stepped bottom, Is there a speed difference and handling difference between the 2?

PhantomChaos 05-20-2008 12:08 AM

They don't make that Apache stuff anymmore..........it has been deemed too toxic to make with all that resin and stuff..........not a "green" design. :D Although.........adding a step might bring the design into the 21st Century!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Griff 05-20-2008 01:12 AM

I think he's talking about real Apache's not Sunseeker Apache's:D

The real Apache's have not been made for over 10 years. They were all wave crushing straight bottoms. Chief Powerboats tried to revive the company and Apache heritage under a different name after a legal battle over who really owned the Apache name and built 1 step hull boat.

Mange 05-20-2008 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by db71 (Post 2563404)
I think bannana boats has a stepped 41 maybe ask top bannana? Not an original but I'm sure just as good.

And Pantera www.panteraboats.com

Canada Jeff 05-20-2008 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fathers 36 was biuld by Bob S and it has a single step. 2001 36 footer with twin 575sci's with about 100 hours on her. I do believe he is going to lsit it for sale soon. Sadly.

crb76 05-20-2008 06:21 AM

Bob built a few at the end. He raced one in F2 for a year or two. He did make a few recreational versions like the one above. I dont know anything about performance with the step or ride quality. I would like to know.

Chris Sunkin 05-20-2008 06:23 AM

Depends how loosely you want to define what is and isn't an Apache. The Chief, built by the original builder Bob Saccenti, is stepped.

This could easily turn into a 30-page thread ;)

So "what's in a name" anyway?

Canada Jeff 05-20-2008 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by crb76 (Post 2563441)
Bob built a few at the end. He raced one in F2 for a year or two. He did make a few recreational versions like the one above. I dont know anything about performance with the step or ride quality. I would like to know.

Father had a 36 Apache before with not step. We have noticed no difference in ride between the two. But we run in the Thousand Islands. Havn't had the new one in the ocean, or in any salt water actualy.

FWIW this boat can reach mid 80's with no problem with 575SCI's. It was proped at lake X .

sean stinson 05-20-2008 06:57 AM

oh boy