Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race >

Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race

Notices

Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race

Old 05-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charlie - Is there a "Race Headquarters"? Host Hotel? Looking forward to seeing you and others. -Steve Sirois
Old 05-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gene Lanham and Billy Rosensteel are coming.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
We have a decal that is about 10 X 12 that is basically the same thing.

Once again these decals are to be given to the actual racers only.
I am entered, i could care less about looking cool, it would just be nice to have a small item to leave on the boat to show that the boat ran in it, it adds history to the boat being a participant.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by seeroy
Charlie - Is there a "Race Headquarters"? Host Hotel? Looking forward to seeing you and others. -Steve Sirois

Steve

The Newport hotel is the most southern on Sunny Isles Beach, right across from Haulover Park....the drivers meetings etc will take place there.

Don't forget to bring something "cool" for the silent auction for charity. Looking forward to seeing you too...bring Mr Warner with you if you can...it would do him good to see what real racers look like.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I am entered, i could care less about looking cool, it would just be nice to have a small item to leave on the boat to show that the boat ran in it, it adds history to the boat being a participant.
Good point.....some of the vintage race cars that have the "correct" stickers are worth a whole lot more than the average run of the mill Ferrari or Porsche.

We look forward to your holding up the honor of Cigarette with your entry.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Gene Lanham and Billy Rosensteel are coming.
Heard from Lance Taines today and he is coming also. He raced a 36 Cigarette called Saber Dance.

Spoke to Bobby Sheer the other day and he is coming also.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Good point.....some of the vintage race cars that have the "correct" stickers are worth a whole lot more than the average run of the mill Ferrari or Porsche.

We look forward to your holding up the honor of Cigarette with your entry.
Thanks, I'm just honored to participate.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered

The great thing about a race like this, is the fact that it draws the really big names from the past and present.

Just spoke to David Woods @ Pier 57 and he told me that for the first time since 02 or 03 the great team of David Woods and Art Lilly will be back together in a boat for this race.

They will be running an MTI cat as will Randy Scism. The cats are loading up against the deep Vees. We have Bob Teague and Mike Stancombe as well as the Skaters of Bill Pyburn and Ken Dean with Scaredy Cat.

We also have two 32 Doug Wrights and a couple of Motions. Whatever happened to the Apache guys? They probably saw the weather report for that time of year is calm water.

Calm or rough, Pantera is coming with one of their deep Vees to relive the glory of the old days and set some new records. They will be up against the Muscle guys with their deep Vee.

The OPA guys will be bringing deep Vees too....we hear a rumor that Haggin himself will be navigating a deep Vee, while keeping an eye on his turbine, Miss Geico. Speaking of turbines.....rumor has Randy Sweers of Fastboats.com, dialing in another turbine to make the Bimini run.

South Florida boaters.....we still need Safety Boats for the course. Contact Allan at XtremeBoats in Miami and get your safety boat flag etc. etc. Don't miss out on being part of this great event.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it is all coming together, thank you guys for all your hard work to put this on. Currently boatless with four kids 6 and under so I won't be there as of right now, but if anyone happens to need crew, just let me know. Thanks, Bill
Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes ,it is really starting to take shape !
Last week we got alot of new entries and some great names !
We also got alot of Offshore racers that RSVP'ed and will be attending the OFFSHORE LEGENDS reunion party .
Today I recieved a call from Chris Carmondy "HIDDEN AGENDA " .He is just like his brother Jack Carmondy !A true Offshore racer !! He only found out about this event today,and he is now working on making it to Sunny Isles Beach for the Ocean race & 'Offshore legends reunion' party !He offered to even bring something VERY SPECIAL from Jack's 'Carlos & Charlies race teams 'private collection ! He wants to offer everyone there a chance to collect something important from Jacks collection ,and help raise the money for the chaity.
This man is a true Champion and Jack Carmondy would be very proud !!We will remember Jack @ this event !!

Last edited by XtremePowerboats.com; 06-02-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.