Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az. >

Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Notices

Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but he does not display DOT numbers and has not for hire on his truck, I do not understand I am sure it will be something logical and legal like "so I can park at home"
Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Banned

I do have a DOT number on the side of the truck
Old 05-27-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I do have a DOT number on the side of the truck
Yes, and that does not give give you the right to "Haul For Hire"

So as you put it earlier..............

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
hustler I am not a board mod person, just another member on this site. The problem is like bowtie said if you get stopped and don't have the proper paperwork showing you are for hire then you can't move and the boat owner gets mad. Also alot of members are under the impression that if they give their boat to someone to haul that there personal insurance will cover the boat. If there is a problem the insurance will tell you that you paid for hire and they will tell you to file your claim with the person you paid. Again this happened last week and the new boat owner is now out a new trailer.
Click on this link it will explain it all to you:
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/about/other...aqs.asp#name22
Old 05-27-2008, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

*Again this happened last week and the new boat owner is now out a new trailer.*

Chubby, Its best to post the whole story not just parts of one.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BarbieHauler
*Again this happened last week and the new boat owner is now out a new trailer.*

Chubby, Its best to post the whole story not just parts of one.
INVESTIGATOR OR INSTIGATOR
Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Banned

Barbie I only posted part of it so that maybe the boat owner can get some money out of the hauler. If I told the whole story don't you think someone would get some egg on their face.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Yes, and that does not give give you the right to "Haul For Hire"
but if you have "not for hire" on the side of your truck that should mean you are legal and for hire right? Also is there a way if someone is really legit to verify cargo insurance without just taking their word or looking at a paper that anyone can print off the internet like I have heard someone does?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Banned

chitbrick the easy way to do it is to just have the customer call the insurance company and verify it on their own. When I have someone that wants proof of cargo I just give the customer the phone number to my agent and let them verify it direct. Yes a person familiar with accord certs can alter one.. Problem is when most customers call a hauler and ask for proof of ins the hauler shows him his liabililty ins and the customer not knowing agree's and off they go. When you ship a boat you need to make sure of the cargo insurance since that is the part that covers the boat.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Banned

As for why I have the not for hire on the side of the truck, Unless you are writing a book its none of your business. Bottom line is I travel this country and have no problems at the truck stations. As for JB saying I am not on the computer I trip lease to a friends company to be legal. I personally don't need the agravation of mantaining my own paperwork as I did for many years. As for chit for brains, you will never find one OSO member that used me that ever had a problem verifying my insurance. Come to speak of it I probobly have more cargo coverage than 99% of the haulers on this site. You will find the average hauler on this site has anywhere from 100,000 to 250,000 in cargo limits. I have had 500,000 for the last five years and when my renewal came up this last time I raised it to 750,000 due to the cost of the boats getting up there. Since you have only posted threads and replys in a negative way toward me you should not have to worry about my ins since most likely you don't even own a boat since you can't afford to even pay for a membership.

Last edited by bgchuby01; 05-28-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by ChitBrick
is there a way if someone is really legit to verify cargo insurance without just taking their word or looking at a paper that anyone can print off the internet like I have heard someone does?
I believe this is the number you can call to check them out. But remember to ask if they have a valid I.C.C. MC number. A DOT number doesn't give you the right to "Haul For Hire"

(202)358-7069 Also ask the amount of cargo insurance they have on file.

Here is a link so you can check and see if they have a I.C.C. Number and the status.
li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pkg_carrquery.prc_carrlist

Quick Reply: Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.