Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Info about 42FT Aronow Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187222-info-about-42ft-aronow-boats.html)

Len S 05-21-2008 07:27 PM

Info about 42FT Aronow Boats
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys what do you know about these 42ft Aronow boat.

Whats the story with them and are they any good..

Who has some pic's of others ones in/out

Len S 05-21-2008 08:47 PM

No one has any info on these boats at all???????????

Chris Sunkin 05-21-2008 09:04 PM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ight=aronow+42

There was just a thread about one of the Gucci boats- a hideous gold plated thing.

They were certainly well constructed but there weren't many produced. Basically they're the continuation of the lineage Don started decades before. Big, heavy 24 degree vees.

Stormrider 05-22-2008 08:33 AM

hey len, whats wrong w/ that 32ME i pm'd you on?

SinkorSwim 05-22-2008 10:34 AM

That particular boat was called Texas Thunder I believe... made its round on most of the internet for sale sites including Ebay several times. Used to have 6's and power then got sold and stripped.. Believe its for sale now on a trailer without drives and power.

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 11:09 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARONO...spagenameZWDVW

cougarman 05-22-2008 11:14 AM


Originally Posted by Len S (Post 2565919)
Hey guys what do you know about these 42ft Aronow boat.

Whats the story with them and are they any good..

Who has some pic's of others ones in/out

I have alot more pictures of that particular boat, but now that Chris has posted a link seems there is plenty to chose from.


I have a pair of wetsump #6's for that bad boy if ya need them. 1.61 ratio RH & LH


Jon

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 11:17 AM


Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2566734)
I have a pair of wetsump #6's for that bad boy if ya need them. 1.61 ratio RH & LH


Jon


They'd look alot better hanging on that yellow tin 46 at LCM, wouldn't they? ;)

cougarman 05-22-2008 11:34 AM


Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2566737)
They'd look alot better hanging on that yellow tin 46 at LCM, wouldn't they? ;)


Well in that case I have a third #6 to go with the pair but it's a 1.5 ratio. Would be cool to see somebody get that ole boat. :D:D



Jon

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2566761)
Well in that case I have a third #6 to go with the pair but it's a 1.5 ratio. Would be cool to see somebody get that ole boat. :D:D



Jon

The transom is cut for twin staggered 6's.

I have no idea what they want for it bt it would be a cool boat. Those aluminum boats are loud rides though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.