Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Info about 42FT Aronow Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187222-info-about-42ft-aronow-boats.html)

Len S 05-21-2008 07:27 PM

Info about 42FT Aronow Boats

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys what do you know about these 42ft Aronow boat.

Whats the story with them and are they any good..

Who has some pic's of others ones in/out

Len S 05-21-2008 08:47 PM

No one has any info on these boats at all???????????

Chris Sunkin 05-21-2008 09:04 PM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ight=aronow+42

There was just a thread about one of the Gucci boats- a hideous gold plated thing.

They were certainly well constructed but there weren't many produced. Basically they're the continuation of the lineage Don started decades before. Big, heavy 24 degree vees.

Stormrider 05-22-2008 08:33 AM

hey len, whats wrong w/ that 32ME i pm'd you on?

SinkorSwim 05-22-2008 10:34 AM

That particular boat was called Texas Thunder I believe... made its round on most of the internet for sale sites including Ebay several times. Used to have 6's and power then got sold and stripped.. Believe its for sale now on a trailer without drives and power.

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 11:09 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARONO...spagenameZWDVW

cougarman 05-22-2008 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Len S (Post 2565919)
Hey guys what do you know about these 42ft Aronow boat.

Whats the story with them and are they any good..

Who has some pic's of others ones in/out

I have alot more pictures of that particular boat, but now that Chris has posted a link seems there is plenty to chose from.

I have a pair of wetsump #6's for that bad boy if ya need them. 1.61 ratio RH & LH

Jon

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2566734)
I have a pair of wetsump #6's for that bad boy if ya need them. 1.61 ratio RH & LH

Jon

They'd look alot better hanging on that yellow tin 46 at LCM, wouldn't they? ;)

cougarman 05-22-2008 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2566737)
They'd look alot better hanging on that yellow tin 46 at LCM, wouldn't they? ;)

Well in that case I have a third #6 to go with the pair but it's a 1.5 ratio. Would be cool to see somebody get that ole boat. :D:D

Jon

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2566761)
Well in that case I have a third #6 to go with the pair but it's a 1.5 ratio. Would be cool to see somebody get that ole boat. :D:D

Jon

The transom is cut for twin staggered 6's.

I have no idea what they want for it bt it would be a cool boat. Those aluminum boats are loud rides though.

Len S 05-22-2008 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 2566734)
I have alot more pictures of that particular boat, but now that Chris has posted a link seems there is plenty to chose from.

Jon

Hey hope all is well

I would like to see the pic's that you have of the boat..

Nace boat but needs work and then has to be powered and drives, Would need a lot of money to finish the right way..
Whats the deal with the story's about the front beng cut off and re glassed???????

Read somewhere it was for sale years ago for real cheap..

Len

Chris Sunkin 05-22-2008 03:45 PM

For the 40K they want for it, plus the re-paint, plus stripping all that antique stuff in the cockpit, plus a set of 6's and engines...

There are some really nice boats in the classifieds you could pour gas into and use this weekend.

Len S 05-26-2008 10:57 PM

No one knows anything eles about this boat or just the 42 aronow in general.

Any photo's of any others and general info

sean stinson 05-26-2008 11:03 PM

The boat was originally called Lunatic Fringe and built for a gentleman from Hawaii. Had Gentry Turbos on Keikhaefer 6's originally and ran 118 out of the box... Bobby Moore rigged it originally it was fast remember this was back in 90-91 era I was in it @115 before dont remember the guys name for sure I believe it was Joe Francis maybe....anyway ended up in Carmody's stable as Texas T

sean stinson 05-26-2008 11:05 PM

Also I am pretty sure that is the only one not dead certain but pretty sure. I wish I had the molds.

Len S 05-26-2008 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2570610)
The boat was originally called Lunatic Fringe and built for a gentleman from Hawaii. Had Gentry Turbos on Keikhaefer 6's originally and ran 118 out of the box... Bobby Moore rigged it originally it was fast remember this was back in 90-91 era I was in it @115 before dont remember the guys name for sure I believe it was Joe Francis maybe....anyway ended up in Carmody's stable as Texas T

So soulds like it was a hell of a boat??? i was told its very very light

sean stinson 05-26-2008 11:13 PM

Yes it is one hell of a boat dont know the exact weight but I believe it was around 10k

sean stinson 05-26-2008 11:15 PM

Also remember the number of v-bottoms running over 100 mph back then was barely in the double digits and I mean barely!!!!

Len S 05-26-2008 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2570623)
Also remember the number of v-bottoms running over 100 mph back then was barely in the double digits and I mean barely!!!!

Hey thanks for the info and any other stuff you can think off.

So was this the one that had the front end cut off and glassed back on that other guys have spoke about.

Anyone have there 2cents on what the boat would be worth with no moter and no drives. and what eles could it be riged with.

Could it not be filled in and put another type of drive on it and a pair of
????????

sean stinson 05-27-2008 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Len S (Post 2570628)
Hey thanks for the info and any other stuff you can think off.

So was this the one that had the front end cut off and glassed back on that other guys have spoke about.

Anyone have there 2cents on what the boat would be worth with no moter and no drives. and what eles could it be riged with.

Could it not be filled in and put another type of drive on it and a pair of
????????

Very doubtful never heard of that they may be talking about the Cigar boat that was 41 Apache boat that had the nose cut and deck lowered in the front. Why would you seal the transom and put other drives on it

Roger 1 05-27-2008 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2571226)
Very doubtful never heard of that they may be talking about the Cigar boat that was 41 Apache boat that had the nose cut and deck lowered in the front. Why would you seal the transom and put other drives on it

I believe that it was Ed Cozzi who said that the nose was cut off so it would fit in a container when it was shipped overseas and glassed back on when it arrived at its destination.

Roger

Len S 06-02-2008 07:21 PM

HLLO GUYS

DOSE ANYONE HAVE PIC"S OF THESE BOATS AND PIC"S OF HOW THE COCKPIT IS SET UP LIKE

Thanks... Len

cougarman 06-03-2008 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you bought it would you get rid of the race set-up in the cockpit ?

Have some drives for that transom...........there in the classifieds. :D

The blue skeg's is just mylar tape.

Jon

edz586 01-02-2009 11:41 PM

I thought that they were to separate boats? I remember seeing Lunatic Fringe in Detroit for years as a pleasure boat.
and it seems like it was under 40' and had a wired transom duck tail. and I belive the Hull i.d. was ARONOWEXP. (don't quote me on the hull id I've killed a lot of brain cells since the 90's)
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...um-lunatic.jpg
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...um-7409_12.jpg

BAR57 01-03-2009 08:38 AM

I will look to see if I have some pics of the 42 and if you can send me the Serial number I might have the original bill of sale for that boat.
Ben Robertson
VP of Sales and Marketing 1987-1990
Aronow Powerboats
N Miami Beach Fl

edz586 01-03-2009 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by BAR57 (Post 2769685)
I will look to see if I have some pics of the 42 and if you can send me the Serial number I might have the original bill of sale for that boat.
Ben Robertson
VP of Sales and Marketing 1987-1990
Aronow Powerboats
N Miami Beach Fl

Sweet! pics are always good. I haven't seen Lunatic Fringe in years, It was at the marina where my Dad had his 33' Chris at on the Detroit river, I always thought it was awesome looking boat.
How may were made under the company Aronow Power Boats?

Len S 01-03-2009 02:44 PM

I Spoke to the owner alot over the last 2 months about the boat.

I talk to him again last week about the boat and it has been sold and is being shipped over sea's as per our conversation

I wanted to buy that boat, it was on ebay for a long time.

I Sold my 27 Magnum this summer but also have a 32ft express style boat that i needed to sell to be able to get the aronow but it has not sold yet other wise i would have it.

edz586 01-03-2009 03:14 PM

That was a really nice boat you had there Len, from the pics i have seen I knew that wouldn't last. good luck selling your 32'. too bad to hear that the 41' is getting shipped over seas, hopefully it get the "love" it needs. I'm still boat less, I had to take a lesser job, due to the auto Pinch. some of the NewCar Dealer over here are starting to tighten the belt .

masforce 09-19-2015 04:34 AM

Good Morning Sir ,

If that should be possible to send me some pics of the 42 , I bought the Texas Thunder a few years ago and will be starting the rigging and upholstery in the next few months , if you got that original bill of sale , love to get a copy of that , Sincerely patrick
Thanks for answering in advance [email protected]