Storage near Ft Lauderdale >

Storage near Ft Lauderdale

Notices

Storage near Ft Lauderdale

Old 05-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage near Ft Lauderdale

I did a search and found a bunch of older posts but was hoping someone could make some suggestions. My wife and I found out not too long ago that we're relocating to South Florida and probably living somewhere north of Ft Lauderdale. We're looking for storage options for a Donzi 22ZX. We like the idea of a dry rack because we've never done that before and hope to use the boat more that way but we're open to keeping it on the trailer too. When we were down there we stoped by Marina One. Really nice facility and service but maybe a bit out of my price range. $425 inside. Is this typical of dry rack for a boat this size in South Florida?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is very typical of the prices down here, try loggerhead in Lantana, nice facility, and they have a plan where you can overnight at any of their facilities all over south Florida, should be a little cheaper, and closer to the West Palm action(Peanut Island), although further from Lake Boca, and shooters, but real close to two georges, Bananna Boat, and right under the bridge from Old Key Lime, and about a 5 minute run on plane to the Boynton inlet. We were paying around $300 for a 22 scarab recently. I have options on the triler also(which will save ya from marina gas prices), just let me know where ya wanna be.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Try Hideaway Marina in Pompano Beach

954-943-3200 ask for Eddie.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

Thanks the for the quick reply. $300 seems reasonable to me, thats what I was expecting. Is that on a dry rack stored inside and include call ahead valet deal? I keep the boat outside now but the more I think about it I want it inside out of the sun and weather. But on the trailer would be nice too and I'd have a reason to keep the truck. I'm just trying to do all my research and get some ideas so I can be good to go when we bring the boat down.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Holy Hell! Who do you guys use to insure your boat. I just got off the phone with Progressive to get an idea for boat insurance down in Fl. They want $1950 a year to insure my little boat with only 310 horse. Thats insane!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

Yes, that is inside, call ahead etc. YES, ins is expensive in FL, and required by loggerhead, shop around.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Registered

My insurance just about doubled from CT, plus no named windstorm coverage. Welcome to Florida, but I love it here. Marina One in Boca is top notch. And by the way, be careful where you store the trailer if you rack store. My trailer was left outside a fenced area for just a couple weeks, and mysteriously, 3 of my aluminum wheels disappeared.....
Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
and shooters
Do they still have wet t-shirt contest? I need to go back down there, and they have good food

Marina One is good here in Boca. Their old facility got destroyed by Wilma, I have pics of it somewhere.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:55 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

We have room at the old OSO headquarters in Ft. Lauderdale right by the airport for the boat on the trailer and can do it for $300 a month.
Yes insurance here is CRAZY be prepared.

That is inside, air conditioned warehouse, you can work on the boat if you want, and we have a fork lift to help you hitch up to the truck. Month to Month or longer term, lease expired March 09 so can not promise after that.

Last edited by OSO; 05-23-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would reccommend the OSO HQ as your home base for storage. I would spend some time in the S.Florida area and get acclimated to your surroundings before finding a permanant home for the Donzi

Quick Reply: Storage near Ft Lauderdale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.