Notices

2 dead Lake St. Clair

Old 05-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
We just had a thread about what booze people carry on board their boats. What was described and consumed, was anything but "moderation". At the speeds these boats go, I don't think the skipper should be consuming any alcohol.

My condolences to the families of those lost.

Michael
Here this site goes again , can the familys attleast mourn there love ones before this site attacks the captain like some kind of murder!! People accidents are going to happen with or with out alcohol.We dont even now the verdict and OSO brothers turn into a pack of wolfs!! How many people will die in car related deaths this weekend something like one every 12 seconds.Lets not turn this into what he shouldn't have done Im sure he feels bad enough allready.Nobody on this site is perfect and when we leave the dock with our friends and family aboard I dont think were thinking lets take a life or get hurt.Think before you post.
My prayers go out to all the familys and friends.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Here this site goes again , can the familys attleast mourn there love ones before this site attacks the captain like some kind of murder!! People accidents are going to happen with or with out alcohol.We dont even now the verdict and OSO brothers turn into a pack of wolfs!! How many people will die in car related deaths this weekend something like one every 12 seconds.Lets not turn this into what he shouldn't have done Im sure he feels bad enough allready.Nobody on this site is perfect and when we leave the dock with our friends and family aboard I dont think were thinking lets take a life or get hurt.Think before you post.
My prayers go out to all the familys and friends.
You're telling people to "think before you post", yet where are all these attacks on the driver? The discussion about alcohol and accidents was in response to the WWJ article that said, "Alcohol remains a major concern, with all but seven of last year's fatalities related to drinking." With all due respect, perhaps you should read the entire thread before passing judgement on others.

Michael
Old 05-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all.... of course people are going to speculate. It is human nature that we try to control the uncontrollable by trying to understand it, and sometimes that quest for understanding takes us down the speculation path. I do not think that this is a sign of no respect.

2) When I read the article... all I saw was 38 feet, 5 people, and 11 pm and I knew it was a perf boat. So I came straight here. Of course it was a perf boat.

3) I will leave the issue of alcohol for another time or thread, as we have not had confirmation yet that the skipper was over .00. BUT.... please, people. Promise me that you will not be running in the dark without AT LEAST a second person on watch besides the skipper. I can't tell you how many times I have caught something from the portside seat or had somebody catch something for me.

God bless those who lost their lives.

Be safe... post a watch.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:36 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

So sad. God bless all of the families involved.

Was the owner part of the OSO family?

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by olredalert
------If this powerquest was silver it was at Browns mid-afternoon. Dont know the people involved but feel terrible for all involved.........Bill S
It was white and purple with a bimini top. I saw the boat at Jacks Saturday prior to the accident. Also saw the barge while out on the water yesterday. The barge is positioned outside of the channel markers.

My condolences to the families.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK
So sad to hear.

I have said this numerous times on this board and I always get pounded for saying it but it is the truth....

If running at night at over 10 mph a radar should be a mandatory piece of equipment.

RIP........
Agree to this but any speed over 10 is asking for trouble in the dark.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Not Me

The World famous Blondes Preferred boat is safely parked in its garage out at the farm. Had to come home early from Lake Cumberland the driver was not feeling well and it wasn't from a hang over.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very sad news.
Thoughts and prayers to the families.

Running at night can be very dangerous.
Running at night earned me my screen name. I was lucky I just grazed the buoy - could have been much worse.
I have thought many times about what happened to me that night, and it definitely changed my perspective on things.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

prayers for all involved. A friend of mine use to go out at night a lot with gps. then he put in radar, he was driving in the channel and there was a hugh something that they didn't see by eye but radar. It was a hugh barge being pushed with no lights on the bow put one on top of the deck so heading straight on you can't see it but when passing on the side you could. that radar save him that night they keep it under 25. still to fast for me. also a ex racer had a 40ft skater out coming from woods hole in to buzzards bay to pocassit cape cod I was on a beach at a resort that night and could here him doing 90 to 100 for 5 miles saw his lights but if there were other boats out there thats sick and he was in the channel must of been using his gps to go back to channel front house he owns. this was late at night too.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Michael1
We just had a thread about what booze people carry on board their boats. What was described and consumed, was anything but "moderation". At the speeds these boats go, I don't think the skipper should be consuming any alcohol.

My condolences to the families of those lost.

Michael
I m sorry i should have named only you.My mistake!!
Read this post micheal ,oh wait i read nothing about speeds booze, and the skipper consuming alcohol!!!
I stick by my post do you even own a boat. Freaking amazing!!

Quick Reply: 2 dead Lake St. Clair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.