Notices

Magnum Marine Videos

Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up Magnum Marine Videos

80 Feet! Have seen the pics but never the video W-O-W!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDCnkutNHKI

CNN Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZAlzgqNIe8
Old 11-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sweet!!!....

I was at the factory a couple weeks ago and they were finishing the 2nd 80ft..........unbelievable!......2 x 2400hp MTU diesels and mother huge Arnesons.....
Attached Thumbnails Magnum Marine Videos-mag80.jpg  
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are truly awesome big boats..

If only money were truley not an object...
Old 11-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DONZI33
If only money were truley not an object...
No kidding......5 Million bucks....Imagine being able to stroke out a check for 5 Million and not have to worry if it was going to clear the bank...

I was looking at the driver in the video's and the on the 60' if you watch the red shirt you really can get an idea of just how big the boat is....WOW

My guess for their slogan is "When Size Does Matter", they should make a Trojan Magnum boat....for all the "Big" guys out there....lol
Old 11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

That 80 is truly and awesome machine!
I just have to know how big a wave would it take to get that thing to fly so you would have to throttle it? Imagine the looks on your guests faces when they spilled thier champagne
Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

The driver is (was) the owner of Magnum, Katrin Theodoli - very cool. Awesome boats!

Last edited by Smarty; 11-23-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

The size of that 80 is just sick. Love to see some interior pics.....not much on the website.

Guess the Sultan's and Sheiks need something to spend their $$$ on ..........or should I say our $$$$....
Old 04-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Registered

Default 80% Of Magnum Marine Is Acquired By Six Italian Managers

La Repubblica
23-09-07, page 53, section ECONOMY

It is the Aston Martin of the seas, founded by legendary Don Aronow
80% OF MAGNUM MARINE IS ACQUIRED BY SIX ITALIAN MANAGERS

GIORGIO LONARDI
Milan – Montezemolo had tried to make it. Not Confindustria Chairman Montezemolo, but his son Matteo with the Charme Fund. Than it was the turn of Paolo Vitelli, Chairman of Azimut: no way. Thumbs down also for Norberto Ferretti, number one of the ‘Made in Italy’ yachting. The reason for this was that Katrin Theodoli, Chairman of Magnum Marine, historical brand of the American luxury yachting, has never wanted to sell. Up to yesterday. Because now, the company, founded in Miami in 1966 by ingenious and adventurous designer Don Aronow, has found a new owner.
The Aston Martin’s of the sea, the fast, high performance boats that appear in the first series of Miami Vice, are namely about to be taken over by a group of six Italian managers working in the boating sector, lead by the Anglo-Italian entrepreneur Christian Tirabassi, with the assistance of a financial partner outside the sector. Their objective: to re-launch the Miami-based shipyard, famous all over the world for its elegant and fast boats (some models travel faster that 60 knots), by revitalizing the relationship with the most famous designers in the world (the group had a partnership with Pininfarina for several years) and significantly increasing the production up to 15 boats in 2008.
The operation, which has now been completely defined in the economic terms, must only be finalized. The agreed price for 80% of the company is of 20 million dollars, to be added to further 5 or 6 million for restructuring the Miami based shipyard and for marketing and communication activities. Katrin Theodoli will keep 20% of the company, as well as a key role in the relationship with the big customers and representing the brand both in the United States and in the rest of the world. Her son Giovanni Theodoli will keep on working in the company within the new managerial team.
The acquisition, carried out by Mr Tirabassi and the five managers currently working inside the top level yachting industry, on one side values the whole company at 25 million dollars, about twice as much as the previous offers. On the other side it lays stress on the restructuring of the productive side of the company, in order to be able to keep the brand alive and meet to the market demand.

So, an entirely Italian management. But the shipyard will remain well rooted in Miami, in its historical base. Also because the American image is vital for the success of Magnum Marine, a brand with the strength of a myth, but whose identity of producer of luxury open motoryachts from 44 to 80 feet in the high performance segment needs to be reinforced and reignited with life. Also by updating the existing model range.
Founded in 1966 by Aronow, whose life is described in the movie ‘The ThunderMan’, just presented in Cannes (Aronow was mysteriously killed in the Eighties in unknown circumstances), Magnum Marine was taken over in 1976 by Filippo Theodoli, who died in 1990. Since then, the company has been managed by his wife Katrin, up to the deal of these days. Katrin, as already mentioned, will maintain the guidance in the next few years, a strategic role in the re-launch of the brand.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
That 80 is truly and awesome machine!
I just have to know how big a wave would it take to get that thing to fly so you would have to throttle it? Imagine the looks on your guests faces when they spilled thier champagne
The 80` weighs in at 0ver 140,000 lbs and runs in the high 50 mph range over anything. probably a tsunami could make her jump, but it`s doubtful. Magnums still have no comparables out there. The fifty Bestia with 1,400 hp cats or MTU`s will run 72 mph all day, and she still weighs over 50,000 lbs. I know as I was production mgr. for awhile, and the Theodoli`s are like family to me. If anyone is really interested in a Magnum purchase, I can make it happen for the USA. By the way you are several million off on the eighty.
All in all it`s all relative. A well equiped fifty with the 1,800 hp is going to be in the high 2 mil. range and will run over 80 mph. Taking orders now.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

That thing dwarfs the Apache running with it in the CNN video!!!

Quick Reply: Magnum Marine Videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.