Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig >

Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Notices

Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Old 05-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

I have that same boat 1988 27 Daytona with 2 2004 300x motors. With merc 30 in 4 blade cleavers I hit 89 on gps as my best ever. Usually about 86 mph. Strange thing is the boat is just as fast light on fuel as close to full. I also have manual jack plates as you have. Great boat. I have owned it since new. Last time had 3 2.5 efi offshores. Ran about 93.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Redline,
Yes the boat is local. The owner lives in Liberty, which is near Smithville.

Jeff,
The company that I bought the carbon material from not only has many, many different patterns and weaves, they also have silver. I thought about using it on this boat but wasn't sure how it would look. I really like the silver but I don't think it would have worked in this boat.

Thunder, what is a fleshlight???

Rsess,
That's good to know that you ran 89. The jackplates on this one are hydraulic. We are running 32 5 blade cleavers from Ron Hill at the moment. I'm not sure what rpms they are going to settle at. Have to wait until it is out of the break-in. I may pick your brain if you don't mind. By no means am I an outboard expert.

Thank you everyone for the kind words.
Eddie.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance

Thunder, what is a fleshlight???

Thank you everyone for the kind words.
Eddie.
It is a more advanced version of what you do with Cup grease....google it.....you will have to have one......
Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Registered

Default Good times.....

Well Gentlemen,
I can attest that Eddie has the patience of Job, and has been very accomadating on this whole project. He had to endure many hardships to get this job done and we sure do apreciate all the hard work. I can attest that he spent many a night at our shop in 30 degree weather having very candid conversations with our cows and having to endure all of my chinese tools. (if you look harder next time maybe youll find a snap-on or craftsman thrown in the mix).

I would be willing to bet Eddie has talked with me more in the last 5 months than he has talked with his lovely wife. But we have prevailed, and we both have gottten a pretty good education along the way.

I am going out on Center Hill tommorow, and I hope to have the break in completed. Seems like a long 5 hours...

When we get the break in finished , the I will be getting the new props from throttle up. Julie and Matt have the new CNC 5 blades, and we are looking forward to giving her as much info as we can for the best " dial in".

As far as eddie's work, I could not be happier. The things he had to fabricate and construct took an enormous amount of his time. He threw in some of his own ideas along the way and it turned out great. Pictures dont do justice to the carbon fiber, it looks amazing. Top Shelf.

I am sure he will have some withdrawls about not getting to drive back and forth to Egypt, but Eddie it has been fun and now we can all enjoy it.

This boat is 180 degrees out from our last boat. I have no regrets, because this has been such a smooth transition. There were no fibs and no hidden agendas this time and my whole family is pleased. Eddie you have my compliments, I look forward to our next project.

Michael

P.S. now that we are finished, I guess it is time to start shopping again..... suggestions?

I have been looking, so.......
Old 05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Default Numbers...

I will post some of the numbers with the R. Hill props tommorow. They are ok, but I believe this new set will be better suited for this hull. I believe that 90 is a safe bet.

I am amazed at the difference between the old and new motors,,, day and night.

I will hopefully be hooking up with Edward in the next couple of days (hint hint) and I will give him the opportunity to give em the heave ho up to 6000+.

One thing I could use a little guidance on where to get the boat weighed. I have called MYCO and the trailer ways 1800 lbs. There is a junkyard with a scale nearby, but I am looking for the most accurate drive on scale I can get.
Anybody delt with this close by?????

Thanks Michael

Last edited by b717200; 05-31-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling, ops!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

rodgers group in liberty should weigh it for you.

Nice boat and project.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Default Good Idea,

Thats A great idea, actually.

They are VERY close to where the boat is, literally a matter of yards. I never thought of them.

Thanks I will try them on Monday.

The only drawback is the limestone dust, but she can always use a good bath anyway.

Thanks again...MP
Old 05-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Do not get limestone dust on that son!!! Go to luvs truckstop in lebanon on 231. Respect thy cat! Have you rubbed one off in it yet?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Michael,
I know at times it may have been hard to believe, but I really enjoyed doing this project. Some aspects were the same as others, but I got to tackle quite a few things that I either haven't done very often or not at all. I'm always up for learning new things and being able to better myself. It was definitely a learning experience and I'm really glad I got to do it. All that matters is that you guys are happy with it.
I know it was a learning experience for you and Leann as well. You had no idea what you were getting into. I'm sure it was stressful at times and I know it was expensive. I just hope it was all worth it. I'm ready to do another whenever you are. I'd be willing to bet your wife isn't ready to do another one yet. I probably wouldn't mention anything about shopping for another boat just yet if I were you.
I can't wait to ring it out and see what it will do. I'm ready when you are. You know how to reach me

Oh, the cows were actually good company at times. They're a little loud, but are very good listeners if you need to vent.
Talk to you soon, Eddie.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Eddie.....I just got off the phone with Michael. He said one of the neighbors called and said that someone was out there standing behind the headcatcher on a little stool. He said he could not completely see what was going on but he did grab his binoculars to take a look. From his view.....he could see the front of the cow's face and face of the guy behind her. The neighbor stated that the person looked extremely satisfied but the cow looked frustrated? Any ideas what could have been going on? It happened on the same days you were out there......did you see anything strange going on. The neighbor said the guy had black hair/ sideburns/ and appeared to have some sort of "Elvis" complex. He stated that at the end of whatever he was doing was completed....the guy belted out an encore worthy performance of "I did it my way". The cow now sits like a dog and moans.....almost like it is lovesick or something. If anyone with dark hair comes over......the damn thing starts bouncing around like a calf until it gets close to the person and realizes that it is not the person it thought it was. I am intruiqed by this one enough that I may have to start an investigation. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by thunderusone; 06-01-2008 at 08:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.