Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Notices

Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Eddie.....I just got off the phone with Michael. He said one of the neighbors called and said that someone was out there standing behind the headcatcher on a little stool. He said he could not completely see what was going on but he did grab his binoculars to take a look. From his view.....he could see the front of the cow's face and face of the guy behiind her. The neighbor stated that the person looked extremely satisfied but the cow looked frustrated? Any ideas what could have been going on? It happened on the same days you were out there......did you see anything strange going on. The neighbor said the guy had black hair/ sideburns/ and appeared to have some sort of "Elvis" complex. He stated that at the end of whatever he was doing was completed....the guy belted out an encore worthy performance of "I did it my way". The cow now sits like a dog and moans.....almost like it is lovesick or something. If anyone with dark hair comes over......the damn thing starts bouncing around like a calf until it gets close to the person and realizes that it is not the person it thought it was. I am intruiqed by this one enough that I may have to start an investigation. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

When Elvis was over here...funny thing....the sheep did the same thing....sheep's to cow's

Last edited by Jassman; 06-01-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I have no idea what could be going on. That's really strange that it coincides with my wife being out of town. Very strange indeed.....

I'll be thinking about it while I sit here in my wool coat eating a hamburger......and I'm gonna "do it my way"
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie, Looks good......What did that restoration cost? What was the cost on the labor side of it?? How long did it take you?? It sounds like you and Michael both learned quite a bit through this project..... I look forward to seeing the results firsthand on the water.

NB

Last edited by NashvilleBound; 06-01-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

NB,
Thanks for the compliment. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to divulge how much a customer spends. I don't like to talk about what someone spends on an open forum. I hope you understand. Now, if Micheal wants to chime in and say what he spent, than I don't have a problem. I will say that I put over 150 hrs into it. There were numerous things that had to be fabricated from scratch to make it all work. The whole build took almost 5 months from the date of the first deposit. He was not in a rush and I had another complete re-rig, plus several engine builds to keep me busy. It has been a VERY busy winter.
Michael and I both learned quite a few things from this build. I don't do many outboards so I ran into things that I was not expecting. That is normal for a build this involved and complex. You are bound to run into things that take more time and money than originally expected. We just sat down and discussed the options and cost so there would be no surprises. As long as we were on the same page, everything worked out fine. We are both better prepared for the next one.
Eddie
Old 06-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Registered

Default Mother Nature,

Well we had planned on hitting the water after church this morning, and a pretty large line is going across TN at the moment. We actually go some hail as we left Murfreesboro an hour ago. I am glad we postponed the hour making trip.

Possibly tommorow.. I did hit the gas pump....200.oo and I am not sure she is full.

I will post em as soon as I get them.

As far as the money goes, yes it wasnt a cheap project. We didnt cut any corners, I wanted the best 20 year old boat money can buy. But it is very much up to date and has a warantee for three years (engines). the engines cost me 37k with the smartcraft and the jackplates. But i got 10k for the old engines. So I feel good about it.

The wingplates , trim pumps (4), gauges, throttles, oil tanks, gps ,rigging,etc, on top of all that wasnt cheap but it brings the boat up to current standards and makes for a nice looking setup.

Like Eddie said, I wasnt in a hurry, and we did it a little slower because I had to finance most of it out of pocket. I think there is a hole in my pocket now though. Yes there were surprises, but I have no regrets, she is just the way i wanted. Spendy ? yeah , a little. Worth it? definetely!

We also got alot of canvas work done in Nashville at Canvas Unique, Joe did a great job on the Bimini , cover , and engine covers. I even had some prop covers made.

So I have a 20 year old hull that was in great shape, and now everything in it is new. I got it done in a third of the money the last boat cost, with none of the BS that went with the other one. (different story all together).

So we are happy, I need to get it on the water soon. I need the numbers for the new props. 15-32 5 blade clevers. They should wake the boat up a little.

Nashvillebound, I will be ready to hit the water as soon as the WX is better, so get your sunscreen and your lifejacket.

Eddie I will be in touch, Call you on Monday.

Michael

Some pics from last summer before the re-rig.
not bad for 20 years old.
Attached Thumbnails Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig-50ae_3.jpg   Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig-dsc01506.jpg   Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig-50f8_3.jpg  

Old 06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Im headed to KY tomorrow... but tuesday is cool... just call me. Besides weather clears chances of afternoon storms after monday. Pics look great... cant wait to see that sled on the water.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

You're right Michael, we did not cut any corners. Basically everything inside the boat is new with the exception of the upholstery. Every piece of wiring was replaced. There were also a lot of things added that are not in the pics. Mushroom cleats and recessed bumper holders, among several other things, were added.
I'm glad you mentioned Canvas Unique. They did an awesome job with the bimini top and covers. They were a little pricey, but did a great job.

I'm really glad that it was all worth it for you. I'm pleased, but you need to be pleased to make it worth it.
Eddie
Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks awesome. Where did this panel come from?

Old 06-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered

Default Dont want to speak out of turn,

Yes sir,

I dont think I am out of line saying that Eddie would get you one simular or one labeled with your needs on it.

He had mine custom made it took a week and we had it back, labeled the way i like it. We also added the two lighter recepticles for cell, light, etc.

I am glad you liked them.
Call eddie he will hook you up.
615-216-7449

PS they arent that pricey either, realatively cheap for what you get.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Default No Ride today

Stinks!!!!

I cannot find anyone to go out today, hope the weather is good for tommorow.

Its too hard to put in by myself, (plus my 6 yr old).

Where is everybody today????

MP

Quick Reply: Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.