Four Killed in 'Horrific' Boat Accident in Shark-Infested Waters

Notices

Four Killed in 'Horrific' Boat Accident in Shark-Infested Waters

Old 05-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Killed in 'Horrific' Boat Accident in Shark-Infested Waters

From Foxnews.com:

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — A spokesman for a tourist boat that found a capsized speedboat Sunday between Florida and the Bahamas says it was a "horrific" scene.

In the water were several bodies, with tiger sharks circling. Rescuers say one body was devoured as they watched.

Police in Puerto Rico believe the victims were four Haitian migrants trying to make it to the U.S. It's thought their boat capsized in rough water.

Thousands of Haitians try to sail to the U.S. every year in rickety, overcrowded boats. Last month, at least 20 died on a trip from the Bahamas to Florida.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:08 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

??????
Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They should have taken pics and air-dropped them on Port au Prince. We have all the Haitians we need for now anyway.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Thousands of Haitians try to sail to the U.S. every year in rickety, overcrowded boats. Last month, at least 20 died on a trip from the Bahamas to Florida.

20 died, but 20,000 made it safely

We have enough cab drivers in Miami, we don't need anymore
Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

It was actually a Bahamas launched boat. Bad scene.

Here is the update.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6678162.story

Old 05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

And i guess I should feel sorry if an illegal immigrant gets hit by a truck or drowns in the rio grande while breaking the law? nahh I'm not that sensitive...
Old 05-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
And i guess I should feel sorry if an illegal immigrant gets hit by a truck or drowns in the rio grande while breaking the law? nahh I'm not that sensitive...
Gotta admit I agree.
It'd be kinda like feeling sorry for a drug dealer getting shot.
Comes with the territory.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I have never brought this up before but in 02 while leaving the family shop in my own van instead of the companies it was raining a little so the streets were wet. I was at a intersection with a ranger crosswalking guard. its at a top of a hill she was to make sure the factory workers used the crosswalk. so I crossed over at 15mph and then A illegal jumps out in front of a off duty firemans pick up not looking at me starts to walk in front of me so I hit the brakes and he was like a chicken back and forth so HE hit my van and fell over on his azz. I was just about stopped. I jump out hey are you ok, HES LIKE LOOKING AT ME MUCK MUCK YOU BLA BLAH. So the firemans says its not my fault he just jumped off the sidewalk J WALKING so the local police agree then this wise azz STATE COP says its a state road hes taking over rights me up for bad front tire, doesn't get firemans name and told me to go sit on the sidewalk and shut up. So after a year and no help from the state pig HE GOT NUTHING FOR IMFO. I get a letter I am being SUE by this chit head wetback after he was J WALKING so I run out get a deed to protect my house and my insurance said don't worry yeh right so I had no interest what they paid him it was up to 300,000.00 . I now he was just banged up, I can't belive I cryed that day to the fireman if he didn't freeze on the street I would have missed him. but he went back and forth and stopped. So yes put me with the group that says to any story about them.When I have hurt my self on 4x4 racing ,bike racing, kite boarding and so on its my fault who cares, but to hurt another person sucks even if hes illegal.I hope something happens to them soon so they stop coming here illegally. I have been hit by illegals in my 4x4 twice, two friends both on bikes were hit and hurt bad by illegals no insurance, If you are here legally great good for you my mother came from germany my father met her there and it was real tough to sneek opps I mean get legal papers to come here, my father was some Secret Intelligence for the army and new top secert stuff and so the army and my mothers father weren't thrilled at the time.She was a Olympic track runner and artist. so if your here legal fine my father has a couple of guys working for him that are from south of the border but legally been here 10 15yrs. sorry for the long story art.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

Eaten by sharks?

Bad way to go. Ouch.

Hopefully they drowned first.