Gas prices vs Boat prices? >

Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Notices

Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fbrs
You know if US average auto fuel economy were 6mpg better, ie nearly the same as european mpg, we wouldnt need to import a single drop of mid east oil.... in nyc all i see is crown vic's, towncars and suburbans doing what? 15mpg? that is a really dumb waste of oil.
There is some serious ironic humor in a post about 6mpg in cars making all the difference on a website devoted to people who burn 30-60 gallons per hour to go get a poker hand and some beers.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:16 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
There is some serious ironic humor in a post about 6mpg in cars making all the difference on a website devoted to people who burn 30-60 gallons per hour to go get a poker hand and some beers.

You are right, it is very ironic. however: Despite our hobby's need for large amounts of fuel it is still a small percentage nationally when compared to fuel used in private cars and trucks.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The big picture.
Making a special trip to the store for cigs and beer. 1 Gal.
Buying Benson & Heges at 4.75 instead of Marlboro for 3.50
Getting a 12 pack of Hieny for 14.75 instead of a case of Bud for the same. Cocktails at the parties (B&B on the rocks) instead of a 7&7, or rum and coke. The drinks looks the same... I drive about 50M-60M a year. at 15 MPG (if I'm lucky) thats $1000 difference between 3.75 or 4.05 per gal.
Staying at the Hyatt or Omni at Poker runs instead of Holliday Inn. We all going to spend what we want and when we want, no matter how much we bltch about it.
Skipping one Poker Run or a biking event and I'm even.
It's the long term of this messed up Gov. and economy I'm worry about. I lost more on my investements in the past year to cover up to $10.00per gal. of gas. All my mutual funds, etc. are in the toilet. IT's EVERYTHING that hurts. Not just the gas.
Having the OSO forum.. priceless.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered

Maybe come nov I can buy a Scarab AVS for pennies on the dollar.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
Europe has been paying twice what we are now for awhile!
I am so sick of people making that statement!!! Yes, in Europe fuel is twice as much,but thats how they
fund all thier social programs. Their property taxes are like 100 bucks a year instead of 10k. Also
most countries have socialized medicine in Europe. Here,(you) or your employer pays which has
a direct affect on wages. Apples to Oranges.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
I bite my toungue as I coment here. WTF has the government got to do with the price of gas? If anything they have held the price down for a long time! Europe has been paying twice what we are now for awhile! I'm just like everyone else and want cheap gas!

The thing people need to do is do their part! I'm trying! I can buy the gas to do what I have always done. But this situation pisses me off. I'm tired of feeding the ARABS! I am doing the best I can to use as little gas as I can. If everyone would do the same it would make a big difference! I am squeaking 20MPG outta my Suburban(when I need it for Bus.) and got 14 towing my 260 legend powerquest! Just gotta slow down a little! I ran a short course at the Lake Hartwell Pokerrun and didn't run balls out cause I didn't wanna feed the Arabs! I only burned $150 worth a gas in the boat and ran the boat 2 days before the run!

Wake up America! It's time ta show the Arabs we can do without....if ya don't we'll be payin $10 a gallon! WTF I guessd my legs can used some exercise and I will get out my bike!
Goverment has everything to do for the price of gas (OIL)!!! It's called DRILLING or allowing DRILLING!! REFINERIES or allowing for refineries to be built. And if you do your share and use less, guess what production is cut and your in the same boat as before. WAKE UP GOVERMENT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF OIL.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by baddogz28
I sell cars, and I can say YES, people are dumping them at a ridiculous pace right now.

At one point monday, we had an Explorer, 3 Xterras, and a Grand Cherokee getting appraised for trade at the same time. Wow.
In Michigan alone I read where about as many boats were in repo as homes were being foreclosed on.

No money/no boating.

Gas is only part of the issues boaters are faced with.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by epeek
I am so sick of people making that statement!!! Yes, in Europe fuel is twice as much,but thats how they
fund all thier social programs. Their property taxes are like 100 bucks a year instead of 10k. Also
most countries have socialized medicine in Europe. Here,(you) or your employer pays which has
a direct affect on wages. Apples to Oranges.
Amazing how little most really understand these days.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

LOL! Guess I got smacked a few times for my post! Yes I know they pay more tax...but they also pay more pretax!

Yes...I believe we should produce our own oil and be self-sufficient! The other side of that is why not burn everybody elses and when it's gone start burning ours! There is a finite amount of oil available.

I believe we are in a testing time right now. It's time ta show em we don't need so much of their oil. If everyone would just cut back some it would make a difference! The prop in the oil is cavitating right now! Back off the throtte and let it get a bite! Then open her back up!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
errr... the number of offshore powerboats compared to number of cars...

Quick Reply: Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.