Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Notices

Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
I call BS, you don't know how to keep the speed down.
Ouch baby, that hurt.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve H
You are right, it is very ironic. however: Despite our hobby's need for large amounts of fuel it is still a small percentage nationally when compared to fuel used in private cars and trucks.
Absolutely. Statistically... a drop in a bucket.
Still kind of funny.
And the serious side is that while you and I know the numbers, to the avergae person perf boaters could be seen in an unrealistic light as far as their part of contributing to the overall problem. I think that it is important for perf boaters to be aware of this perception, and it's potential increase in the future. I can see a time when a person pulling a perf boat with a large towing vehicle will be fairly seriously persecuted by the non-boating public at large. Some good PR is in order.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Absolutely. Statistically... a drop in a bucket.
Still kind of funny.
And the serious side is that while you and I know the numbers, to the avergae person perf boaters could be seen in an unrealistic light as far as their part of contributing to the overall problem. I think that it is important for perf boaters to be aware of this perception, and it's potential increase in the future. I can see a time when a person pulling a perf boat with a large towing vehicle will be fairly seriously persecuted by the non-boating public at large. Some good PR is in order.
I agree fund and I already get plenty of wise azz comments at the gas dock..
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Speedpro1
Fox news had a report yesterday about people just letting their boats sit at the dock and get repoed instead of loosing their houses. They had a huge auction on the news with all these awesome yachts and they were saying the europeans were here scooping them up because their dollar was so strong. This isn't good! Got any spare peso's!!!
I saw that report as well. Boats are currently being repoed at a rate of nearly 4:1 to houses, and the Europeans are snatching them up at record rates, sometimes for 50% of the boat's actual value. They also stated that the European sales are nearing saturation, so the marinas and boat sales yards are near 97% storage capacity; no place to store them anymore.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I agree fund and I already get plenty of wise azz comments at the gas dock..
What do you do? I am guessing that you pretty much ignore them and go on with your day.... but just curious.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jafo
I saw that report as well. Boats are currently being repoed at a rate of nearly 4:1 to houses, and the Europeans are snatching them up at record rates, sometimes for 50% of the boat's actual value. They also stated that the European sales are nearing saturation, so the marinas and boat sales yards are near 97% storage capacity; no place to store them anymore.
Same thing is happening domestically. I see them heading down I-75 south from the detroit/downriver area... never to return again. I see boat ads down south that say "just got this one in from great lakes, freshwater boat."
Old 05-30-2008, 12:00 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Same thing is happening domestically. I see them heading down I-75 south from the detroit/downriver area... never to return again. I see boat ads down south that say "just got this one in from great lakes, freshwater boat."
I had my 42 listed for a while. Every call came from Canada. Their dollar will buy alot of boat right now.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Putting a Dem in office will not lower the price of fuel. It is not Bush keeping us from drilling in the US it is the liberal tree hugging POS special interest groups that keep us from doing what we need to do for the good of the vast majority of Americans.

Not all in economy is cutting back. We still have a lot of building going on across the country. Yes it is slower but some of you act like the sky is falling, it is not. The fuel price stinks but you can blame a chunk on the oil speculators for driving up the price.

Bottom line is I am not selling my boat, truck or SUV so what it is worth currently has no effect on me. Everything will turn around and Obama or Clinton is not the answer.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered

just wait till our elected officials pass Cap and Trade, (which they are currently trying to do) the EPA has estimated it will raise fuels prices by $1.50 a gallon.

People also fail to mention Europe probably averages 3-4 times the unemployment rate that we have. Are they the role model we want to follow?

we need to drill our own oil and build nuclear power plants.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

32 cents a gallon in Iran today.
34 cents in Saudi Arabia.

Quick Reply: Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.