Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSS Racing on Lake Cumberland - Aug 30 - Sept 1 with certified Kilo run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187855-oss-racing-lake-cumberland-aug-30-sept-1-certified-kilo-run.html)

Ron P 05-30-2008 05:26 PM

OSS Racing on Lake Cumberland - Aug 30 - Sept 1 with certified Kilo run

The sixth stop on the OSS Racing circuit will take the boats back into America’s heartland, in the beautiful rolling hills of Kentucky. Lake Cumberland is the boating paradise in this section of the country and plays host to one of the biggest Poker Runs of the year each September.

The week before the annual Poker Run, on August 30 – September 1st the OSS boats will scorch this pristine country reservoir and find out what maximum speed is all about. The event will be staged out of State Dock and the Race Village will reside next to the dam. You can watch from the dam or by boat as the OSS teams test on Saturday, Race on Sunday and find out what tops speeds they can hit on Monday during an official certified Kilo run.

For more information visit - www.statedock.com

Volunteers are the heart and soul of any OSS race. If you live in the area and would like to have the best seat in the house to watch the races, please send an email to Brandon Weppner at ([email protected]). We’ll need about 30 partol/safety boats and plenty of land volunteers too.

Any questions about this event? Call 732 552 0669.

To reserve a houseboat at State Dock – call (888)782-8336

For more info on OSS racing go to www.offshoresuperseries.com

SkiDoc 05-31-2008 05:25 AM

Sounds great Ron. I've looked forward to something like this on Cumberland. I helped put on a couple Pro Water Ski tour stops at Lake Cumberland in the 80's. It was a big success but took lots of work and strategic marketing. I would enjoy helping out. Eric

Ron P 05-31-2008 10:09 AM

Thanks Eric, please send an email with your info to Brandon.

See ya in August. Ron

J Arruda 05-31-2008 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2575436)
Thanks Eric, please send an email with your info to Brandon.

See ya in August. Ron

Awsome Ron,
I wil for sure ask JBS if they want to go.

Ron P 05-31-2008 12:52 PM

I spoke to Jeff yesterday, he's in. JBS, Geico, Bud Light, CRC, maybe we can even get Cintron to come try thier luck.

This is the perfect place to run a kilo. Lots of room, a certified course and high tech timing light system. No stop watches on this run.

Any canopied boat can run this Kilo under OSS rules.

Thanks to the folks at State Dock for making this happen. Hopefully we'll be back each year for many years to come.

Marginmn 05-31-2008 01:09 PM

Sounds great. Any idea of the route the race course would take and how long it would be.

khanson1982 05-31-2008 06:07 PM

Should be a great week down there. Between the races and the poker run. i will be there all week!!

Ron P 05-31-2008 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 2575535)
Sounds great. Any idea of the route the race course would take and how long it would be.

All I can tell you is that you''ll be able to watch from the dam. So we'll look to block off that end of the lake and run along the shorline. The course will be about 5.5 miles around.

A web site will be going up shortly that will have all the details and a course map once the Core of Engineers and CG has blessed it.

Marginmn 05-31-2008 09:24 PM

Sounds awesome, I can't wait.

bobkatz 05-31-2008 09:44 PM

Thats great, looks like we will be down all week now!!!:drink: