Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Most expensive opps I fell in story >

Most expensive opps I fell in story

Notices

Most expensive opps I fell in story

Old 06-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's just say that I no longer wear my Rolex waterskiing.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

About 3.5 years ago I was at my friend's surprise 30th birthday party. I had been out golfing and drinking all day prior to the party and i was in rare (or not so rare) form by 11pm. I fell down while playing a drinking game and was helped up by her friend jenny, whom i had never met. Now skip 3.5 years and I'm married to Jenny. Now THAT was an expensive fall!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Registered

I was on the dock putting the cockpit cover back on, it was dark and the cover had dew on it. I have one hand on the swim platform and the other hand tugging on the cover to snap it under the swim platform, Duh, fall forward smack my nose on the swim platform, nose bleeding seeing stars, figure I still need to get the cover on,, do the exact same thing, this time I was smart enough to " duck " plunk right in the water, keys, wallet, cell all in the drink... stupid is as stupid does..
Old 06-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
It took about 1/2 hr to winch my fat a$$ out of the hole. I probably would have been really hurt had I fallen the 9 feet but I sort of slid/scraped my way down in. They had to lower down a big set of needle-nose pliers so I could grab the rope on the left, fish it under my rear and grab it, then pulling it up behind me. I was more concerned about looking like an a$$ to my customer than I was about being in the hole. I did have a moment of claustrophobia though. If I tried to jump into one of these trenches, I doubt I'd go down. I guess I caught it just the right way

2 weeks ago, we had a problem on a unit and I went out to look at it. The only way to resolve it without big expense or delay was to go down in and do it by hand. I didn't want anyone else having to do it so I did it myself. I was way more freaked out than when I fell in. I guess the first time I had no time to think about it and no choice once I was there.
I would say you were WAAAY past looking like an ass at that point!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
I would say you were WAAAY past looking like an ass at that point!
Yes, you have a point.

It's kinda' funny- I stopped in there a coule month ago and on the way out, I walked past that bay- all the mechanics had lined up and locked arms to keep me away from it. Smarta$$es.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

About 4 years ago, we were all sitting at our favorite island waterhole when the manager brought out their cool new t shirts to show us. I bought 2, my friends questioned the seccond shirt. I told them that I was prone to ruin one so I needed a spare. The very next fuking day I was by myself idleing into the ramp and went up on the deck to put fenders out, slid fell busted my azz on the deck and started to slide off the side of the bow when I hear riiiiiiiiiiiip. Well my brand new favorite bar shirt was now deystroyed by the bow cleat but it kept me from going overboard.

I still looked like an azz to everyone standing around the ramp.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
About 3.5 years ago I was at my friend's surprise 30th birthday party. I had been out golfing and drinking all day prior to the party and i was in rare (or not so rare) form by 11pm. I fell down while playing a drinking game and was helped up by her friend jenny, whom i had never met. Now skip 3.5 years and I'm married to Jenny. Now THAT was an expensive fall!
I think we have a winner...........
Old 06-02-2008, 07:26 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

yep, same thing here saturday night, got all shined up after a day on the water, walked down to the dock to let the boat down and grab a bite and a cocktail,and went for a unexpected swim, got out of the water and went to bed, still daylight ,pissed. phone, wallet, watch, PRIDE!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

GrandT, next time come with us we just fall IN the boat!!
Q
Old 06-02-2008, 08:14 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Q, that wasnt long after we ran into you, and i like your concept, unfortunatly the docking line that I had tied 15 minutes pryor was still there and had my number.If i was 10 years younger and 20 lbs skinny i might have pulled it off, fell in the boat, and made it look good and still have a dial tone.but hell no, that shiot' doesnt happen anymore.

Quick Reply: Most expensive opps I fell in story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.