Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Questions about selling a boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/188106-questions-about-selling-boat.html)

apppedigree 06-04-2008 02:01 PM

If you send the guy a contract you are going to look like a sheister and will probably scare him away. Take the surveyor for a ride and just deal with it. All part of the game.

ar15meister 06-04-2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2579516)
Not the one I was thinking about.

no not ol' Johnny boy's I never saw that one in person but I did talk to him about it and I decided to stay away for various reasons.

the boat I am talking about has painted drives...thats all I will say so as to not stir any ****pot, and I am happy I didnt buy it :D

BTW

Someone should man up and buy that single 28 Apache with the 3 man.........hell thats one more person than can fit in my boat, bonus! Although I think 90mph might be a bit optimistic.

now back to the original thread sorry for hijack.

BY U BOY 06-04-2008 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ar15meister (Post 2580028)
no not ol' Johnny boy's I never saw that one in person but I did talk to him about it and I decided to stay away for various reasons.

the boat I am talking about has painted drives...thats all I will say so as to not stir any ****pot, and I am happy I didnt buy it :D

BTW

Someone should man up and buy that single 28 Apache with the 3 man.........hell thats one more person than can fit in my boat, bonus! Although I think 90mph might be a bit optimistic.

now back to the original thread sorry for hijack.

I know which one you are talking about. I would love to have that # man set up but I'm pretty sure my wife would divorce me:D and i would like to be married longer than 4 months:party-smiley-004:

ar15meister 06-04-2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2580035)
I know which one you are talking about. I would love to have that # man set up but I'm pretty sure my wife would divorce me:D and i would like to be married longer than 4 months:party-smiley-004:

I am pretty sure there are less than 10 Apaches in that setup, might even be the only one

last time I checked (I check every time mine burns my scrambled eggs) there were billions of women......and in that thing you can put one on each side...blonde and brunette:cool-smiley-027:

Screamineagle 06-04-2008 08:57 PM

Hey John congrats on the pending sale.

Mind if I ask who the surveyor is?

Big Time 06-05-2008 07:42 AM

Do people normally negotiate the price of the boat before getting a marine survey done?

Chart 06-05-2008 09:44 AM

Lakeluvr: Hey stranger, how's it going?

If a buddy dropped by, and wanted to go for a ride in your boat, would you take them out for a spin? You've got a great boat there, and it sounds like a serious buyer who's paying for a third party to survey it. I don't see any red flags with that. Heck, it sits in your dock 40' from your back door. And you get to go on a nice boat ride. You are planning on going on the test ride with the surveyor, right?

Brent Medley 06-10-2008 10:50 AM

Refundable deposit after sea trial.