The Blower Shop-  shipping costs >

The Blower Shop- shipping costs

Notices

The Blower Shop- shipping costs

Old 06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Blower Shop- shipping costs

I just have to vent here. I had my blowers rebuilt by "A" local blower shop last summer(through Derberry Perf.) My port blower leaked oil after just 3 hours of running from the front housing gasket. No big deal, I just ordered the $6 gasket from "the shop" since they are about 50 miles from me, rather than trying to warranty it. What pissis me off is that they charged me $15.00 to ship it in this big 16"x8"x2" when it could have been shipped in a $.50 envelope. Some will say it could get damaged in transit,but, honestly, I haven't got more than 2-3 damaged envelopes ever in my life and the gasket is only 6 bucks. $15.00 isn't a big deal but it is the principal of the thing. Again,just venting.....Mike
Attached Thumbnails The Blower Shop-  shipping costs-box.jpg   The Blower Shop-  shipping costs-envelope.jpg  
Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Garibay
I just have to vent here. I had my blowers rebuilt by "A" local blower shop last summer(through Derberry Perf.) My port blower leaked oil after just 3 hours of running from the front housing gasket. No big deal, I just ordered the $6 gasket from "the shop" since they are about 50 miles from me, rather than trying to warranty it. What pissis me off is that they charged me $15.00 to ship it in this big 16"x8"x2" when it could have been shipped in a $.50 envelope. Some will say it could get damaged in transit,but, honestly, I haven't got more than 2-3 damaged envelopes ever in my life and the gasket is only 6 bucks. $15.00 isn't a big deal but it is the principal of the thing. Again,just venting.....Mike
Sounds like B@@stpower ordered 6 impellers came in a box the size of a basketball loaded with a catalog & boating mags . $$$ 25.00 shipping
Old 06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a intake to blower O-ring a couple weeks ago. $21 for the O-ring and $21 for shipping. However the service person was nice and the O-ring showed up in two days. It was in a big box though.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah, I just pulled the front cover off and the whoever assembled it put the gasket upside down. If you look carefully, the outside bolts on the top and bottom are about about a 1/4 " different in spacing. They put the gasket on ,the housing,and just ran the bolts through and cut new holes,thus ruining the gasket and my day (one of few, with my work schedule) at the lake. Oh well. Mike
Attached Thumbnails The Blower Shop-  shipping costs-gasket.jpg  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tssteph
I ordered a intake to blower O-ring a couple weeks ago. $21 for the O-ring and $21 for shipping. However the service person was nice and the O-ring showed up in two days. It was in a big box though.
Hey BIG Daddy takes alot of shipping peanuts to protect them O-rings LOL
Old 06-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Try DMPE next time. They just did mine and provide Excellent Service. Talk to Brian Dietz.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

I needed it, they had it. what can you do.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it would probably cost $10.00 to ship it ups. I ship small parts all of the time.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I think it would probably cost $10.00 to ship it ups. I ship small parts all of the time.
Dont sound like Mikes disputing the box shipping rate , but stated ( when it could have been shipped in a $.50 envelope)
Old 06-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Sounds like B@@stpower ordered 6 impellers came in a box the size of a basketball loaded with a catalog & boating mags . $$$ 25.00 shipping
Now that's just not right..

We toss goodies in the boxes with our customer's orders, but I weigh them first to get the freight charges for their stuff, then toss the goodies in and re-weigh, then print the UPS label..

Quick Reply: The Blower Shop- shipping costs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.