Notices

boating in redmond oregon

Old 06-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default boating in redmond oregon

going to work next week in redmond at www.lancair.com, do not know if this will be a long term or short ,but if it turns into long term or permanent , is there places /lakes to run a boat?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CIGARETTE 1972
going to work next week in redmond at www.lancair.com, do not know if this will be a long term or short ,but if it turns into long term or permanent , is there places /lakes to run a boat?
Only lakes close. Lake Billy Chinook used to have a Hot Boat crowd from Bend. Wikiup, Detroit and Prineville are all large lakes. Try to get ahold of the guys in Bend. Maybe a marina that has drag boat parts there. Been years since I lived in Oregon, but have been to all of the large lakes in Eastern Oregon. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What are you thinking about boating for??
Your boat's in pieces, and won't be ready to run for at least another year

Don't take it too bad - mines in pieces too
Old 06-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Only lakes close. Lake Billy Chinook used to have a Hot Boat crowd from Bend. Wikiup, Detroit and Prineville are all large lakes. Try to get ahold of the guys in Bend. Maybe a marina that has drag boat parts there. Been years since I lived in Oregon, but have been to all of the large lakes in Eastern Oregon. Good luck.
I used to live in Portland, and I've fished on Prineville and Detroit Lake. I can tell you the water is COLD in Detroit. I've been hunting near Prineville also.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
What are you thinking about boating for??
Your boat's in pieces, and won't be ready to run for at least another year

Don't take it too bad - mines in pieces too

i prefer to call them "pre-paid , pre-packaged inventory " that isn't worth chit today...

thanks for the replies , just going paint this 1 plane and see how it is...figure while i am there i could check out some lakes and water.

i painted the second plane (IV-P) in the video about 7 or 8 years ago..

this is the newest and bad azz plane they developed..love the sound when they fire it off

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfPgr0rM2y8[/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

man tha is a long way from North Carolina i thought you were coming this way
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

I am stuck on a job here in Springfield (Eugene). I have to say and sorry if I afend anyone around here but it is the worst weather I have ever been in (for spring- summer). Day in and day out it is dark - gray - rainy - and just plain gloomy. I cannot understand why anyone would want to be here. The temp seams to stay around 55 days and 40s nights. Boating ? everyone I have talked to says they have summer about 3 to 4 weeks end of July early August. I love the sun and it just doesn't comeout around here. I hve now found a place that has worse weather than home in upstste N.Y. I do hope it is better where you are going good luck. By the way the plain is cool.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikes280
man tha is a long way from North Carolina i thought you were coming this way
well, still plan on it mike , brought the boat to jasper al last tuesday...hull is wrapped and in good hands...

this may just be a 1 time thing going ... i don't really know if i will like it there...the owner of lancair is a good friend from here who purchased the company in 03'.

this is the new model and will be the "demo" for customers to test out. he is 1 of a few who really knows how picky i am when it comes to doing paint work right.

i am locked into a a lease here until the end of august. so , i need to make some $$$ for right now...

eric
Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
I used to live in Portland, and I've fished on Prineville and Detroit Lake. I can tell you the water is COLD in Detroit. I've been hunting near Prineville also.
Grew up in Portland until I moved to Michigan. Back There every couple of years. My brother flies over from Germany and the last trip spent a week fishing and skiing at Detroit Lake. The weather is much warmer and less rain in Redmond/Bend area than Portland. The best good offshore water is trailer up to Seattle and make the run to Victoria BC and then to the San Juans. Great times.