Most expensive opps I fell in story

Notices

Most expensive opps I fell in story

Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most expensive opps I fell in story

I will start with mine was out celebrating the birthday its one of the few days I will drink on the boat as I tie it up and sleep on it and dont drive it.

My girlfreind and I were leaving the bar she was carrying everything and I hear a splash and she was in the water right next to boat

she was carrying my gift bag had a bottle of wine an 2 -$50 dollar gift cards they were lost

also in her purse was

my iphone you can t insure them so total loss $400
her phone (it was insured) but still $50 deductable
her ipod nano toasted $150
also she was carring my new Nikon d-80 had my old 35-70 zoom on it but still a 300 lense and a $800 camera

wont know totals till I get bill from Nikon but am in the $1,000-$1.500 range I think

scambled to get new phone as I am going to Europe tommorrow girl at phone store says to bad it wasnt 3 weeks from now a 3g iphone is being released. She was nice enopugh to give me a motorola loaner phone until I can get the new iphone

funny stuff
Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Man, I dont feel nearly as bad now. I fell in 2 weeks ago, lost a pair of Oakleys, my phone managed to come back to life after it was all dried out. Whos ever brilliant idea it was to invent 18" wide floating docks needs to be kicked square in the nuts.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

it sounds like you haven't had to try that heel/toe..heel/toe 9 steps forward and back...yes sir......... officer
Old 06-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Went in 50 degree Lake Michigan last weekend attempting to pull the disabled "Warbird" Nortech into a slip...phone in pocket...but it came back to life after drying out. Marina worker told me to put it in a bag of white rice for a couple days...seems to have worked.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Man, I dont feel nearly as bad now. I fell in 2 weeks ago, lost a pair of Oakleys, my phone managed to come back to life after it was all dried out. Whos ever brilliant idea it was to invent 18" wide floating docks needs to be kicked square in the nuts.
Ive got the same thing narrow dock and a few beers , I wish I had fell in but I caught myself and broke my shoulder.Doc said it was rotator cuff and sent me to 2 months of physical therapy, had a MRI after the 2 month ,New Doc said your broke shoulder is almost healed,he asked did physical therapy hurt 2 years now,shoulder still hurts sometimes

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah - I feel much better now.

Was pretty p*ssed after I went into the pool at Rio in Vegas with my Razr phone in my pocket. Swim trunks didn't used to have pockets...didn't they realize that if they put them there we might actually USE them?

I had had more than a few beers, and had lost a few bucks at Blackjack in the cabana, but still....I guess I was a little distracted.

I also keep my sunglasses on a lanyard around my neck now, since my last pair fell into the lake (out of my T-shirt collar) when I leaned over to untie a line....
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Ive got the same thing narrow dock and a few beers , I wish I had fell in but I caught myself and broke my shoulder.Doc said it was rotator cuff and sent me to 2 months of physical therapy, had a MRI after the 2 month ,New Doc said your broke shoulder is almost healed,he asked did physical therapy hurt 2 years now,shoulder still hurts sometimes

I lost a deccent sized patch of skin off my ankle but nothing broken.

Wow, Im really starting to feel better about this.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a dock but I fell into the open trench of a big in-ground lift last year. We were working on it and all day I was barking about "watch out". I was talking to the job supervisor and my cel rang. I turned around and stepped right in. 9 feet straight down and it's only 16" wide. The pit was about a foot deep with water/oil/funky-moldy mix. They had a hell of a time getting me out- It beat the $hit out of me too. 9 stitches in my head, cracked 2 teeth. Bruised just about everything else. Plus, I'm out of town. I had to have one of my guys drive me to the hotel so I could shower and change before going to the hospital. Head wounds bleed like mad- it looked like someone had shot me several times. The worst part is the head shaving so they could stitch me up. I looked like a serial killer all summer. Wore alot of hats.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris that sounds awful, how long did it take to get you out, I am surprised that at 16" wide, that you went in and did not just sort of trip and get hung up on it.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Chris that sounds awful, how long did it take to get you out, I am surprised that at 16" wide, that you went in and did not just sort of trip and get hung up on it.
It took about 1/2 hr to winch my fat a$$ out of the hole. I probably would have been really hurt had I fallen the 9 feet but I sort of slid/scraped my way down in. They had to lower down a big set of needle-nose pliers so I could grab the rope on the left, fish it under my rear and grab it, then pulling it up behind me. I was more concerned about looking like an a$$ to my customer than I was about being in the hole. I did have a moment of claustrophobia though. If I tried to jump into one of these trenches, I doubt I'd go down. I guess I caught it just the right way

2 weeks ago, we had a problem on a unit and I went out to look at it. The only way to resolve it without big expense or delay was to go down in and do it by hand. I didn't want anyone else having to do it so I did it myself. I was way more freaked out than when I fell in. I guess the first time I had no time to think about it and no choice once I was there.

Quick Reply: Most expensive opps I fell in story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.