Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Im in Miami Florida for the weekend, What dealers are here? >

Im in Miami Florida for the weekend, What dealers are here?

Notices

Im in Miami Florida for the weekend, What dealers are here?

Old 06-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clambake
There is no "Thunderboat Row" to tour, it's now a "Concrete Caynon" real estate tour. Bring your checkbook, lot's of foreclosures.
Clambake is right. Thunderboat row has been gone for years. The truth be, Hi-Lift Marina was never really on Thunderboat row. Thunderboat Row was on 188th street, Hi-Lift is on 187th street. All the Marinas left 188th street several years back except Magnum Marine, which is just a small parcel used for some of their manufacturing. Everything now is condo after deserted condo. Sad. The best marina around the area to see for performance boats is on 135th street in North Miami, Spinnaker/TNT marine. they accomadate and work on many high performance boats and they have an excellant reputation.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Active Thunder is right up the road near Ft. Lauderdale. I visited them a couple of months ago and took a test ride on a 37 AT with Pat, the owner.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys are correct about Thunderboat Row not being around for years, most of us performance boaters know that, but for someone who has never been there and wants to know a little about the history, (and aren't as fortunate as some of us that were able to actually experience it) they nonetheless appreciate going down the street with someone that can point out where the different manufacturers were located....that is what I offered to Wayne when he called, and he seemed to appreciate it when we spoke.....
Old 06-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thedonz
you guys are correct about Thunderboat Row not being around for years, most of us performance boaters know that, but for someone who has never been there and wants to know a little about the history, (and aren't as fortunate as some of us that were able to actually experience it) they nonetheless appreciate going down the street with someone that can point out where the different manufacturers were located....that is what I offered to Wayne when he called, and he seemed to appreciate it when we spoke.....
Hey Frank,

Did ya get any pics today???

Rick
Old 06-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely. And I'm still gonna stop by. Sorry bout not making it this morning there was some confusion with our fishing excursion. (wish I would have skipped that all together now) But Ill try and stop by tomorrow if we get done with training in time. Thanks again Frank. Look forward to meeting you.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Hey Frank,

Did ya get any pics today???

Rick
hehehehehe.............will be posted soon, stay tuned......
Old 06-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by QWKRN U
Im down in Miami for the weekend. What should I check out while Im here?
Id like to find powerboat row and then check out anything thats worth seeing while Im here. Im speaking of things Powerboat related.
Ive been down here off and on alot the first part of the year so Ive done all the touristy stuff,been to the Keys etc..
Fastboats.com 450 East Copans Road, Pompano beach 33064
Nortech, Donzi, Baja dealers, plus many others. 954-581-8355
We are located between federal highway and I95 @ dixie highway. little north of Hideaway. Home of the Canada Thrust 50` Nortech Turbine boat.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered

Well, Wayne saw all the beautiful condos on 188Th today....

he also got to meet some real Thunderboat Row personnel and their products..........

Hope you enjoyed it Wayne!
Attached Thumbnails Im in Miami Florida for the weekend, What dealers are here?-pantera-tour-1.jpg   Im in Miami Florida for the weekend, What dealers are here?-pantera-tour-5.jpg  
Old 06-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, Wayne saw all the beautiful condos on 188Th today....

he also got to meet some real Thunderboat Row personnel and their products..........

Hope you enjoyed it Wayne!
It was great meeting you Frank, and the history lesson was incredible. Getting to meet the Pantera crew, seeing the history on their walls, WOW just WOW.
Jo and Pepe and the entire crew over at Pantera were super nice. The things they have accomplished over the years is something else. truely a unique look into powerboating history. Thanks for making this happen.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Hey Frank, how come you never showed me the Pantera shop ?

You and everybody is welcome to stop by the shop whenever
you guys are in town. We are 15 mins from Miami Int. airport.
right off 826.
Later,
pp.

PS, Hours 8 AM to ???
If we have a boat going in for sea trial, you might even get
a "boat ride" w/ Jo.

Quick Reply: Im in Miami Florida for the weekend, What dealers are here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.