Don Aronow Ocean Race, Thunderboat rally & OSS Super series

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Aronow Ocean Race, Thunderboat rally & OSS Super series

Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow Ocean Race, Thunderboat rally & OSS Super series-boat_race2%5B1%5D.jpg   Don Aronow Ocean Race, Thunderboat rally & OSS Super series-boat_race%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had several calls asking if the reunion was still on. Answer: Yes it is. Friday, June 20th, 5PM to 10 PM at Jimbo's Raw Bar, Dania Beach. We will NOT be serving wine and cheese! Captain Harry's band is playing. We are also having Gilly's wake at the same time. We have 1,000 feet of good docks and a huge parking lot available. Odell, Mel, Sammy, Richie, et al.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
I've had several calls asking if the reunion was still on. Answer: Yes it is. Friday, June 20th, 5PM to 10 PM at Jimbo's Raw Bar, Dania Beach. We will NOT be serving wine and cheese! Captain Harry's band is playing. We are also having Gilly's wake at the same time. We have 1,000 feet of good docks and a huge parking lot available. Odell, Mel, Sammy, Richie, et al.

Brownie....I've had several calls also from people who want to go to Jimbos to meet the old racers. I think HORBA will move up the trophy presentation to the Bimini racers, to just before the boat parade through Sunny Isles on Friday afternoon.

This allows people who want to meet the Legends on Friday night, to go back and forth between the Race Village party and Jimbos as they want.

Michael Aronow will only be able to stay in town on Friday as he has a schedule that calls for him to be back up north on Saturday.

He certainly wants to be able to meet with many of his dad's old friends, as well as being able to hand out the trophies to the winners of the Bimini run. This change will allow both to be possible.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Here's a new feature on our web site. An interactive map that shows the locations of the host hotels and race course.http://marina.geowake.com/featured/OSSRacing/SunnyIsle/
Old 06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daredevil
Do you have some corse maps for the bimini run aswell ?
DareDevil,

The chart for the Bimini run will be released the week of the event. For planning purposes a parade run north from haulover inlet with a right turn back to a milling area just north of the inlet. The strart will then run north again up the beach with a right hand turn toward Bimini. Then a left off of Bimini back to a left turn off or Haulover beach through the start finish line. Very simple, for fuel plan on about 106 nm miles without reserve.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I wish I could be there. This is the future of powerboating events. Just like the editorial in the latest Powerboat Magazine that stated this is the event to see this summer.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 06-10-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Brad,Theres still time to get your A-S here !!!You have the boat for this type of an event !!The water has been southeast 5-10 knots or better and it should be about 2'or less !
We have been running over about 20 miles at 125mph plus ! without throttling !
This should be very interesting ...wish you could be here ...
Old 06-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

One week from today and the boats will be in the race Village at Haulover Inlet.

This going to be awesome!

Larry, Brad, Stu and Charlie, thanks for all of your help turning this into a mega event.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
One week from today and the boats will be in the race Village at Haulover Inlet.

This going to be awesome!

Larry, Brad, Stu and Charlie, thanks for all of your help turning this into a mega event.

Ron P.....Since the inception of HORBA....there has beena big interest expressed by the offshore people that said..."Boy I wish I could have been around in those days to race like that!!"

Well thanks to the support of OSS, an event is here now that will offer the opportunity for anyone who is interested.

This is not about winning your class....this is about taking on the open ocean and the Gulfstream and showing your racers only decal and patch and telling your grandkids....I WAS THERE !!

Thanks to Ron and all the staff at OSS.

When it came down to it...they were the race organization that stepped up and helped us do it.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still slugging away at the reunion guest list. Can't find Doug Silvera, from Freeport, Bahamas. Any help? Did find Doug Janisch. He is coming.

Quick Reply: Don Aronow Ocean Race, Thunderboat rally & OSS Super series

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.